01

Lil

Obviously turning up the music on her iPod wasn't enough to drown out the idiots in the back of the bus. She swore if they kept yelling and acting obnoxious she would have to throw them off. She didn't care if one of them was her sister, Ella.

"Hey Lil!" Ella hollered from the back. Lil sunk lower in her seat hoping Ella would lose interest but that plan didn't work. "Lillian!"

Lil sat up straight and turned around glaring at Ella. "What?" She seethed through gritted teeth. Lil hated her name, she didn't understand how her parents could give her such an ugly name. Obviously Ella knew she hated her name, she always used it when she wanted Lil's attention. Lil would only respond to Lil and occasionally Lily. But never Lillian.

"I was just wondering if you're still with those two guys!" She cackled while running her hands along her boyfriend Ashton's chest. Lil wanted to barf right then and there. Oh God now she was running her hand under his shirt.

Lil groaned in disgust and sunk back in her seat and cranked up her music louder, even though the volume was already up as far as it could go. She could still hear bits of the conversation though since they never quieted the frick down.

"Two guys?!"

"I know right!"

"I never thought your sister was the slut type,"

"She just hides it under all those unfashionable clothes!"

"She does have a hot body!"

"Why does it matter to you Ashton?!"

Lil rolled her eyes at how moronic they were. She couldn't believe they were still talking about this. She thought at least by now they'd realize the truth; apparently that's not the case. The two guys they keep talking about are her friends Aiden and Thomas. She'd known them since 1st grade when boys thought girls were icky and vice versa, but Lil has always preferred boys as friends because they weren't as catty as girls. It's not that she hated girls! She just didn't feel like getting into fights about every single little thing. "It's pointless to be honest," she always said.

In middle school everyone always cared about who dated who and since she always hung out with Aiden and Thomas everyone assumed she was dating both of them. The rumors got around town and long story short her parents haven't let them over to their house in almost a year. Luckily she was allowed to see them in school and anywhere else.

"I'm a Mess" by Ed Sheeran blared in her ears as the bus bumped along the road. They were almost at school when the bus stopped. Lil tore her eyes away from her window and stared out the window across the aisle to see who was coming on the bus. Everyone must have been thinking the same thing since they were looking too. There was no stop here last year.... She thought to herself.

That's when she saw him.

He walked up the steps and down the aisle toward the back of the bus. His appearance didn't help much either with his hot pink hair and his eyebrow and ear piercings. The tattoo arm bands that wrapped around his forearms and the tattoos on his thumb and fingers were highly noticeable also. He's already requesting a death wish, Lil sighed inside her head.

He kept walking back and back until Ashton took notice. "Hey troll doll!"

The boy looked up with a blank stare in the direction of where Ashton was sitting with a smirk.

"What do you think you're doing?" Ashton laughed.

"Looking for a place to sit," the boy mumbled.

"Hey sit down!" The bus driver yelled from the front of the bus. "I can't have another kid fall again!"

"Just sit down," Lil whispered hastily.
The boy looked toward her with a weird look on his face.