09

Michael

When Michael got home, that's when he realized how extremely bored he was going to be.

First, his mom was working late. So no food.

Second, he was 96% sure Calum and Luke were also busy.

Third, he had close to no friends, extracurricular activities, or hobbies.

"I have no life." Michael sighed out.

He was really tired from the day. Lil didn't talk to him on the bus and he felt bad. Maybe he did something? No it can't be, he barely talks to her, how could he do something bad?

Michael walked into his room and grabbed his guitar, strumming it lightly. His fingertips swayed along the tattered wood and he flicked a loose chip off.

Playing guitar always relaxed Michael, he felt in his own little world with no worries. He was working on a song right now, but it wasn't very good. It made no sense.

Michael is one of those believers that he can't write a perfectly good song without inspiration and motivation for writing it, and right now, those two were low feelings.

"What shall I do now?" Michael mumbled to himself while laying face up on his bed.

Suddenly his phone started buzzing.

He got up slowly and grabbed the phone, checking the caller ID and saw it was Calum.

I thought he had practice? Michael thought to himself.

He picked up the phone and tapped the green button. "Hello?" He asked.

"Hey it's Lil." A voice that did not sound like Calum said.

"What?" Michael accidentally said.

"Excuse me?" The female voice laughed.

"I mean, why are you calling from Calum's number? And why are you calling me?" The pink-haired boy questioned.

"Calum's at practice right now and left his phone in his jacket which is beside me right now," Michael could picture Lil shrugging. "He should've thought it through."

"But why did you call me?" Michael asked again.

Why did Lil want to call Michael? Of all people, why the pink-haired, tattooed boy?

"I have no one to talk to." Lil mumbled.

"What about--" Michael started.

"I'm pretty sure Aiden and Thomas both want their space right now." She said curtly.

Something happened, it was obvious.

"If you're bored, maybe we could talk?" Was this a date? No, no it was not a date.

"Really?" Lil's reply wasn't a standard, questioning 'really', it was a more interested really.

Michael gulped, "Yeah."

"Okay, where should we meet?" Michael heard Lil shuffle from the other end of the conversation.

"Do you know that little garden in the community?" This was the only place Michael could think of.

"Yeah," Lil said. "I'll be there in 10 minutes. Bye." The line cut off.

"This isn't a date." Michael confirmed to himself as he grabbed his coat and walked out the door, after locking it of course.

~

Michael walked to the garden slowly, not wanting to seem anxious.

But if he was late, then she would be annoyed.