J for Jail

Moby took a deep breath. "Finlay... Tell him..."

    Pete raised his eye brows, pointing his finger at himself, " Me..!?"

    "Yeah , I'll join you... " 

     Pete gulped, and nodded. Then he turned to his boss, Ray. "Well sir... I think..Ms.Amber doesn't really have Amnesia... But is acting like she doesn't remember anything of the past events..."

       "Maybe this thing about her dad, abuse, car crash was just a distraction... Maybe this Kiara from the foster house, actually died... The one we saw was just an imposter..hired by Ms. Amber... to distract us..from the real crime....      
      " Maybe she is the one who... teamed up with that green eyed girl.... and maybe even assisted in shooting the lawyer and killing the old lady...."

       Ray's eyes were enlarged, "but Mrs. Norman said that it was a man who talked with her.....so how could....? "

      "Sir .. Maybe she used that gadget called a voice changer to assist in voice changing from woman to a man as she spoke.....".  Pete suggested. "and maybe she got all the information about the whereabouts of her through us... And helped that girl escape from the safe house because she was there when we snuck in there...."

     "But...." Ray stuttered, shaking his head, "...but why? Why would she do something like that?"

      Pete shrugged as he looked at Moby for answers. Moby sighed, looking at Ray, whose eyes looked hopeless, " Maybe it's her brother's money.. She herself said he works at a large company in NY... Always busy and works a lot...
     "Maybe she wanted him gone so she could have his money to herself, 'cause in most cases, it happens that way... And this whole other incidents and previous cases could be just a distraction from the real case....
      "and she knew we'd talk to her brother ... Maybe he'd even reveal everything 'bout her.... Also, that could be the reason for all this..... "he exhaled, witnessing how Ray was rubbing his temple now as if to relieve himself from an excruciating pain.
       " Maybe.. She fooled  you.... Fooled all of us to win our trust ....to work out this plan.. and get hold of her brother's money after he died.."
      "... So maybe Kiara actually died from the crash.... And Amber hired or befriended an imposter to support her plan..."Moby patted Ray's shoulder, as he muttered," maybe that's why her brother typed that message to Amber.... And before he could hit the send button, she revealed herself to him... So he didn't send it 'cause he knew she'll destroy all the evidence... And threw his phone away... for us to find.... "

      Moby sighed patting Ray's back. He felt bad for him. But he had to know...

      Then he took out a another object from his pocket. It didn't take much time for Ray to realise it was that phone, they found in that empty building, which was Daniel's.

***

          "Oh my god! Are you crazy?" Amber snarled, clenching the bedsheets as she sat on the stool,next to her brother. She hissed. "how could you even think such a stupid thing!"

      "Don't get so mad... Anything you'll say from now on could be held against you..." Moby muttered, calmly as he folded his arms. He and Finlay had explained the theory, proof and evidence just as they did to Ray an hour ago.

      "Are you telling me you're gonna arrest me... ?" Amber narrowed her eye brows, with rage. She shook her head, "... for something I didn't do?!"

     "No ... I mean if we find possible evidence to prove this theory... we would ...." Moby said.

      "... Why in the hell would I do anything like this...? Oh god I can't believe I even have to explain! Daniel doesn't have much money! He thinks he has an  'amazing' job but he doesn't even get paid right... "Amber let out a huffy sigh.