Chapter 17: I'll protect you

- WHAT DID YOU SAY?!!! - Lexa exclaimed, while Raven looked at Lexa surprised at her elevated tone of voice.

- That I'm getting married! – Alicia laughed hard - Do not faint ma chérie, I know it's a bombshell, but it's true, believe me! So I want you to invite your pretty girl and her friend Raven, and come this weekend. We want to have the wedding on Saturday, we have already talked to a pastor on the island, we will celebrate on the beach and.

- Wait... wait a minute Ali! Let me digest this, please! Are you sure of what you are saying and what are you going to do? Little sister, you know that I love you more than my life, but you do not.

- Yes, I am telling you that I have never been so sure of something in my life than the decision I just made. Niylah is the woman whom i desire to spend the rest of my life with, I know it's her Lexie, I know that I've finally found my other half, and I'm happy, and I do not give a shit what the world thinks, obviously only your opinion counts in my life.

- I.... Ali... I do not know what to say... I'm shocked and you've caught me at a bad time but I have listened to you, I am happy for you and your happiness that is all that matters to me. If you believe that Niylah is the one for you, then nothing will make me happier to know you have found the one. - Raven's eyes widened as she looked at Lexa and tried to guess what was going on since her dear friend Niylah had been mentioned and it sounded serious.

- YAY !! She is Lexie, I swear I know it. Thank you, little sister, for making you happy. So come with the girls.

- Ali... look give me a few hours and I'll call you later OK. I need to talk to Clarke and also to Raven. I do not know if it will be so easy for them to come at such short notice.

- Lexie, you know that money is not a problem, I have invited you so I will send the jet so you all will travel comfortably, like queens!

- It is not that Ali, I would pay, it is more their jobs that may be the problem but let me talk to them, give me time, please.

- That's fine, I just wanted you to know that I will send the jet for all of you.

- I know, let me see what I can do, I promise I'll try the best I can. And again, I'm more than happy for you Ali. Give my regards to Niylah, and my congratulations. - Raven's face at that point had a confused look as she tried to guess what was happening, Raven thought that she knew but it could not be true. Was Alicia Woods thinking of marrying her friend ?!

- Thanks, mon amour !! Je t'aime !! We'll talk later.

Lexa ended the phone call then turned to look at Raven's distraught face as she took a deep breath in, she had to recover from the crazy news that her twin had just given her. Lexa went over to the couch and let herself fall onto it, pulling her hair back, while Raven followed her and sat down next to her.

- What the fuck was all that about?! What about Niylah and your sister? - Raven asked trying to stay calm, but nervous about the answer she already thought she knew or guessed.

- Are you ready?

- Yes, tell me at once! - Raven said a little impatient.

- My sister has asked Niylah to marry her. - Lexa answered as she rolled her eyes. Raven was shocked and was unable to believe what Lexa had just told her.

- WHAT?!!!

- You heard me and do not scream in my ear?! I am as shocked as you are. I don't know what the hell is happening to my sister, she is not like that. Well, you know what I mean ... she has always dated women, but she has never been involved with anyone more than a few times - Lexa explained, as surprised as Raven was by Alicia's unexpected proposal.