Introduction

He remembered a time, he supposed, when he didn't feel like absolute crap. When he was happy and normal. Gods what he would give to be normal again.

Nowadays all he could do was play and replay events in his head. How he should've said something else, and how that look his friend gave him was judgement.

Then there were the darker thoughts. About how he should've saved them. All the people he let down. Beckendorf, Selina, Zoe, Bianca, and countless others. Maybe if he was stonger, if he wasn't as stupid and completely and utterly useless he could've...

For what felt like the millionth time Percy cried. He just couldn't keep it in anymore. All the pain and self resentment. Wrapping the blanket around him tighter he thought about Annabeth. Immense guilt consumed him every time he thought about her. She probably hated him.

For the past week Percy has locked himself in his room, refusing to come out. People have stopped by countless times, but mostly Annabeth. She'd say things like, " Percy I don't know what's going on with you but we'll get through it, together. Like we always do. Just please let me in seaweed brain."

Each time Percy would come up with some lie, "I'm just super tired," "I know, I'm sorry, I'm just working on summer homework," until it turned into silence. He ignored people who tried talking to him until they got the hint and left. It just became too much work to come up with an excuse. And one of those excuses wasn't actually a lie. He was tired. Unbearably tired. Of everything.