Chapter 27

Reena's POV

Hapon pa lang naman. It's still 4 pm but I feel like lying in bed already.

Dumeretso kami ng kwarto pagkadating namin sa unit ko. I don't wanna do anything, I just wanna lay down on my bed and cuddle with him.

"Exhausted?" he asked, concern clear in his voice.

"Yeah."

"Come on." he held his hand out to me para mahiga sa kama.

I go to bed first while he removes his shoes and cuddle close to me.

I lay my head on his chest while he puts his right arm around me.

We just laid there silently for a couple of minutes.

"You didn't think you went a little far with James and Nadine?" pagputol niya sa katahimikan.

I think about his question. I think I went too far with what I said but I was right though.

"May mali ba sa sinabi ko?" I ask him instead.

"You were right. I'm just saying you shouldn't have went that far. You were there for Niel and they weren't pero hindi ka naman niya nanay. Don't get upset with me." He explains.

I sigh but I don't want to discuss that anymore so I changed the subject.

"I have something to discuss with you." I tell him referring to Andy's job offer.

Kinakabahan akong i-discuss sa kanya 'to dahil baka mamaya pag-awayan pa namin. I hope he'll consider it though. I'm holding onto that consideration right now.

Nakataas lang yung kilay niya at inaantay yung sasabihin ko.

"Will you promise me you'll listen to my explanation first and consider it?"

He frowns. Hindi ko alam if I'm asking too much from him pero I need his consideration. Deep down inside me, I wanna explore my options in modelling. Not that I'm expert in that field but we never know.

"I haven't heard it yet. Sabihin mo muna and I'll think about it." 

Fair enough. Alam ko naman na hindi siya agad agad pumapayag. He's a businessman, what can I do?

"Okay."

I tell him about my conversation with my mom earlier first and that I told her I got a new job aside from SDC tapos yung nagpunta si Andy do'n at sinabi sa nanay ko yung sa model thingy and that I had an argument with her about it but in the end I accepted it and that we're okay now. I didn't mention yung test thingy niya about Kev's dad because we're past that.

"Hell no." agad na sabi niya at tinanggal yung braso niya na nakayakap sa'kin.

"Kev..." inangat ko yung tingin ko sa kanya.

"I said no." he stands his ground.

"You have to understand I don't have much of a choice and I really want to explore my options in modelling." 

"You're talking about choices now? There is always a choice Reena." His voice is authoritative again at umupo siya sa paanan ng kama his elbows on his knees.

Sumandal lang ako sa headboard.

"I'll do it." I decide.

"Ano?" nilingon niya ako.

"Sabi ko gagawin ko pa rin." pagmamatigas ko.

He gets to do what he wants and I don't? That's just not so me.

He scoffed, "You won't." pagmamatigas niya.

I just shrugged and raised my eyebrows at him.

"Hindi mo pa ng kasi pinagiisipan eh." dahilan ko but I know it's no use.