Prolouge

Running. Running through the thick forest. Leaping through the trees. Changing directions every so often. We knew they were after us. But that's what made it fun. The thrill of the chase. We grinned as we abruptly stopped on a branch, waiting for them to catch up.

Our hands twitched with excitment as we caught sight of them. We glanced at each other, smiles stretched wide across our faces. My right hand and her left hand went up, they intertwined, as our opposite hands connected in a forming handsign.

Our voices mixed and echoed throughout the forest. "Dark Release: Darkest Shadows!" The shadows behind our attackers-I mean victims-slithered out of the ground they were plastered on. There was no escaping, they were trapped. The black copies of them attacked dragging them to the ground. We heard their pained cries. That just made our smiles grow.

We jumped down from the tree's thick branch, landing on the leave scattered floor. As our feet touched the ground, the autumn colored leaves brushed past our ankles and danced around us, then gently floating back down to the forest floor. We walked down to their bodies being held by shadows.

"I want this one." Reki pointed to a handsom man, about in his mid twenties. His deep black eyes looked pleading, shaggy light brown hair falling in his face. A bead of sweat rolling down the side of his temple, dripping onto the dirt.

"Then this one is mine." grinning from ear to ear I picked up the woman by her wrist. I could feel her trembling beneath my grip. "Are you scared?" I whispered in her ear. I pulled away so that I could see her expression when I asked her. She body was still shaking, and her warm grey eyes were clear with fear.

I took a small dagger out from my hip pocket and drug the sharp metal across her cheek. The woman squeeked, and I smirked as my tongue flicked out of my mouth and onto the bloody scratch. I licked my lips, and closed my eyes. "Yum." I opened them and dropped her to the ground. She landed with a thud and backed up. "Devils Touch." I whispered as a burning red hand shot from the earth and pinned her to a tree.

"My, you're getting rough already Rin." Reki chuckled as she stared into the mans eyes tilting her head to the left. "Now how should I dispose of you?" she let out a sigh.

"You know I like it rough." I smirked as I looked over at the woman struggling to get out of the grip of the hand. I made my way over to her, licking my lips once more before taking the dagger in my hand and stabbed her. Not fatal, but enough to where there was scarlet liquid dripping from the gleaming silver weapon. My tongue danced across the small sword taking in her blood. I swallowed, "O negative?" I spoke, as she screamed, then drew on the ground in her blood, a small circle with a triangle neatly drawn inside. My features began to change as black and white markings were placed on my small body.

I let the dagger slide across my skin as I watched whatever wound I had, were inflicted on the woman. I smiled as I decided to end this quickly. Gripping the handle of it in both hands I plunged it into my heart. My eyes rolled back. "Ahh~" was my response. The woman on the other hand was screaming in pain. She was soon silent, blood dribbling down her chin, and dripping onto the now blood stained dirt. I kicked some of the course brown substance on it, hoping it would cover some if it up. I shrugged as I glanced over at Reki who had similar markings, and blood splatted across her.

"I'm done." she stepped out from the circle and walked

"Me too." I followed her and we were off to find some more sacrifices.