Chap 4 That Time of the Month

Jameson hopped inside his large van and sped away from the building and towards his house. He pulled over into an empty gas station parking lot and called Harrison on his phone. Harrison picked up his phone after a few short rings.

"So how'd it go?" He asked immediately. J sighed and ran a hand through his messy hair.

"I didn't get the vase," he confessed and he heard Harrison let out a loud groan.

"Come on, James! That's the second one we've lost!" He whined and J ran a hand through his hair again.

"I know, I know! I just got distracted!" He sighed and he could practically hear Hairrson rolling his eyes.

"Whatever, just get back here fast, I have another job scheduled in about a week," he said and Jameson agreed before hanging up the phone.

He sat in the parking lot for a little while, his thoughts consumed with the platinum blond who kept coming in and ruining his jobs. About her beautiful eyes and rosy cheeks. About the way her light hair complimented her pale complexion.

That's when it hit him like a ton of bricks. He was in love with the White Blizzard.

-A few weeks later-

White Blizzard had learned that there was a priceless artifact that had been delivered a few days previous and intended on making that artifact hers. Rae had told her the plan countless times, but her thoughts were clouded by that stupid Snowflake Burglar who kept messing up her jobs. Who did that guy think he was, messing up her work like that? She secretly hoped he would show up so she could give him a piece of her mind.

She walked around to the side of the building and aimed her grappling hook up to the roof. After finding her target, she aimed at the ledge and pulled the trigger. She watched as the hook soared into the air and attached itself to the ledge. She planted her feet on the brick wall and began to scale the tall museum.

Once she reached the top, she discarded her grappling hook. She opened up the air duct and quietly climbed inside. She crawled through the vents as Rae told her when to turn. When she finally reached her destination, she stopped and contacted Rae through her earpiece.

"Now what?" She asked quietly incase there were guards below.

"Quietly open the cover and throw a coin in the opposite direction of the artifact so the guard will go the other way. While he's turned away, knock him out. Then you know what to do," she said and I did as she instructed.

After the guard was pit cold on the ground, I turned around to get the artifact, only to come face to face with the one person she didn't want to see. "Thanks for knocking out the guard for me," he said with a smirk and wrapped an arm around her, pulling her to his chest. An array of emotions spread across her features, but the one that stuck out the most was anger.

"Why do you always do this?" She asked angrily and J let out a small chuckle.

"Well, for starters because you look adorable when you're angry," this cause Els's cheeks to heat up, "and second because I have something important to show you." He said and that got her attention. What could be so important that he had to disrupt her work?

"What do you want? she snapped as she jerked out of his grip.

"I, uh, well I realized that..I, uh..." he stuttered, not quite sure how to best tell this girl that he loved her. That is, until he had a sudden idea. He took a step closer and connected his lips to hers. He cupped her face with his hands and felt relieved when she started to kiss back. He pulled back and saw that she was wearing a shocked expression. "Ever since the day We met I've known I've wanted to be with you, and only you! You are beautiful and amazing and perfect and I love everything about you!" He declared and her mouth hung open.

Elisabeth didn't know what to think. One minute she was about to kill him, then his lips were on hers, then he was making a full on confession. She wanted to kiss him again, but knew it wouldn't be right. White Blizzard feared that her feelings towards him were not on the same level. She hasn't confessed, not even once even though he opened his heart to her.

The fear of being rejected was pressing down on Snowflake Burglar's cheerful spirit and he wished for even the slightest hint. Will she like him or not?

All of White Blizzard's emotions were bursting inside her and he didn't know what to do. So, she did the only sensible thing she could think of. She brought her hand up and smacked him in the face. He stumbled back a bit, not expecting that, and rubbed his now red cheek. She was considering smashing her lips into his but instead turned on her heel and began to quickly walk away, not even bothering to get the artifact she was so determined to retrieve.

"Wait!" Jameson called as he ran to catch up with her. "Please just wait!" He begged and she stopped and looked at him.

"What?" She snapped and J gulped at the sight of her icy glare.

"I love you?" He offered as if that were the right answer but he wasn't quite sure. Elisabeth stared at him, wide eyed, before storming off.

"Hey what's your deal? You weren't like this before," asked a bit angrily and Els stopped, still facing the door.

"It's that time of the month, okay?" She snapped and stormed out of the building, leaving Jameson standing there very confused.

( @melantha123 here! Special mention to @BiggestNerdAlive for being the fan writer of this chapter! I have writers ready for chapters 5,6 and 7 xD . AWESOME!)