4

"On second thought, how about we drink, I'll write something and I'll read it to you. Something new."

"Okay, as long as you read me another one sometime." Louis smiled and Patrick passed them their drinks.

Patrick felt like fangirling, the two had just met and already had a connection that he couldn't quite understand. As they drank, Harry and Louis got to know each other and they listened to some music. Harry looked around to find any sort of inspiration to write. He looked at Patrick who was laughing at something Louis had said so he turned to look at Louis who was also laughing.

Harry felt heat rise to his cheeks as Louis looked in his direction, he grinned and Harry snapped his head away, knowing that if he continued to stare, he would get lost in his big blue eyes. He could feel Louis' eyes on him and he silently inhaled and exhaled, hoping that his thoughts about him were good.

"Do you guys want another drink?" Patrick asked but before the other two could respond, he was already on his feet and making his way into the kitchen. He wasn't actually going to come back with drinks but he saw the way Harry and Louis had sparks all night and wanted the two, to have a minute alone.

"Sorry if this is a lot to say," Louis started nervously and unsure. "I know we just met but I think I like you Harry. That might be the drunk talking." Louis giggled and Harry blushed at the sound.

Harry's heart thumped so hard that he swore it was audible, their eyes had met and Harry smiled. It was only a small smile but it was enough to make Louis go weak at the knees. Louis had never felt feelings for someone this quickly but he had a good feeling about Harry.

"Are you going to finish your drink?" Harry chuckled.

Louis couldn't find his voice as he stared at the man in front of him, hearing his deep voice made his stomach flutter. His cheeks flushed hot pink and his stomach had butterflies— no, an entire zoo, but it felt good.

"You're very pulchritudinous."

Louis nearly choked on his drink and looked at Harry. "I'm what?"

Harry laughed and gently put his hand over Louis'. "You're beautiful."

Louis looks away and finds a distraction in the books on the coffee table, standing to organize them even through they have no need to be organized. Harry sits and allows Louis to take some time to compose himself, fighting back a smile threatening to spill.

Louis' blush seemed to burn through his cheeks and for a minute he thought he was on fire. He suddenly felt awkward, even going as far as attempting to cover his rosy features with his hands. Harry walked towards him and gently removed Louis' hands from his face.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to embarrass you." Regret washed over Harry as he wished he hadn't said what he did.