6

"Louis, I'm so sorry I hurt you." Harry said with a whimper. "I didn't mean to, I just really like you and I know I shouldn't because we don't know each other well enough and we've only known each other for a few hours."

"No, I'm sorry." Louis looked up into Harry's eyes and opened his arms. "Can I. . .may I hug you?"

Harry didn't hesitate and pulled the shorter boy into his embrace and they both let out breaths that they didn't know they had held in. As their chests touched and Harry's head rested on top of Louis', they felt nothing but warmth and tenderness.

"I know that we were meant to be. It's way too early to say any of this, let alone to already have such infatuation for you but—"

"Harry, I don't know what to expect. I don't know how this is supposed to work between us."

"We take it slow Louis. There's no need to rush, we don't have to do anything, hold hands, hug, kiss, none of that. Let's just get to know each other. If that's what you want and you're okay with it. As long as I'm breathing, I'm yours in mind, body and soul. I'll follow you into hell if that's what it takes for you to feel ready."

"Harry you're insane." Louis laughed into Harry's chest. In that moment, as Louis was being held by new arms that didn't feel like a stranger but felt like a long lost memory, he knew that maybe this could be the perfect place to start.

Harry let go and held Louis at arms length and smiled at him. "Would you like to go out to breakfast with me tomorrow morning? I'm staying here for a few days."

"Tomorrow morning?"

"Yeah, it's okay if you don't want to."

"No, no, I do want to."

"Okay. How does nine sound?" Harry smiled and it seemed so genuinely sweet with the right touch of shyness, that unexpected warmth rushed through Louis.

"That sounds good. Okay." Louis' soft lips stretched into a smile. Harry's fear blew away and excitement rushed through his veins. Harry looked at him with such fondness, that he felt his heart would explode.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Louis said with a slight crack in his voice.

Harry smiled slightly. "Because you are the most beautiful thing I know."

This time, instead of running away, Louis took the compliment and let it rush through his body as butterflies fluttered within the pit of his stomach.

They stayed in Patrick's living room drinking a while longer, cherishing the moment they had together. After a while, Louis had gone back home to sleep and Harry laid on the hard couch, dreaming about would happen the next morning.

Harry awoke to the sound of Patrick yelling and cursing.

"Fucken shit! Little— oooh bitch. What a bitch that hurt like a bitch."

"What happened?" Harry yawned and stretched out all his limbs.

"I stubbed my toe. It hurts."