Chapter 7

Weeks have passed now… which almost feel like years. No call, texts or messages between me and Drake. Just glances… and stares. The awkward ones.

       After school, I barely made it to my car. It was such a rough day. I sat there in silence for a while, watching as the parking lot cleared. Rain bounced and drizzled off my car windows…

       I looked to the passenger side after hearing a peck on the window, it was Drake I unlocked the door, as he slouched his wet self in the seat. Taking his hood off and wiping his face, he looked over at me.

       “Im not doing this anymore.” He whispered. “Doing what?” I asked. “Im not gonna sit here and act like there were no feelings what so ever between us… I have to force myself to stop thinking about you sometimes, and i…  just? What even happened Al?” He said frustrated. “Uh” I sighed. I could feel the tears overflowing my eyes.

       “You Tell me.” I replied. He just looked at me. And we sat there in silence… Listening to the beating of the rain on the roof of my car. The silence had drowned us. “Meeting you has changed me, if I lose you… Then… I’ll lose myself.” He said finally.

       “Don’t do this.” I demanded. He scuffed afterwards, and got out of the car, slamming the door behind him. He was nearly halfway to his car on the other end of the lot before I finally got out running after him. Rain smothering me.

       “Wait!” I yelled, as he kept walking. “Drake wait.” I yelled even louder. He came to a hault as he turned to face me. I stopped in front f him and caught my breath. Now we stood face to face. “Don’t let me go.” I said as he held his arms out.

       Our chill bodies found there way to each other. I dug my head into his neck, as he wrapped himself around me for a hug. His large hands grabbed my neck as he leaned in for a kiss, which I didn’t deny.

       And then I realized how it all fit so perfectly… My hands in his… And his lips on mine…