5 - Elate

"So, what is it?" Jihoon asked after sitting next to me.

I'm still a little hesitant about telling him but I can feel it, he's trustworthy. I don't know why I trust him this much but I trust my instinct. And I'll go with it. There's no turning back.

"First, I asked you to read the paper earlier cause it is very unusual for someone to read my writing."

"What do you mean?" He asked looking so confused.

"Well, I was born with something weird. I also don't know why but no one can read my handwriting, you're the first one."

"You're joking me, right?" He said raising an eyebrow and looking at me like I'm some kind of a freak.

"Do you really think I'm joking right now?" I answered.

"But- that's impossible! Proof, I need proof." He recommended.

"If that's what you want, that's what you'll get." I motioned him to follow me.

We walked to our designated classroom and sat at our seats. I tapped the shoulder of my other seatmate and questioned him;

"Hey, can you read this?" I gave him the paper from earlier. He looked at the paper and his face contorted, "Umm, sorry but the writing's really messy. Ask someone else." He responded.

I looked at Jihoon with my eyes telling him, 'See?'. But he seemed unconvinced. I sighed and asked the person infront of me the same question. Her answer was the same with the man I asked.

"Do you believe me now?" I asked Jihoon.

"No. Give me some time to let this sink in."

~

"Okay, class. I need a volunteer. Someone?" Mr. Hong announced. No one raised their hands.

This is what I hate about school, they make students stood infront of the whole class, I know, we need to learn how to speak infront of an audience. But I'm very shy, I don't like talking infront a crowd, I always stutter or I get frozen.

"Yes, Mr. Kwon." Mr. Hong pointed at me. Huh? I didn't raise my hand.

Gosh, Jihoon raised my hand. What the? Why did he do that? I looked at him and glared but he just laughed.

"Now, Mr. Kwon, would you mind writing on the board the answer to number one." Our teacher said, handing me a questionnaire and pointing the question.

Sh*t, I know the answer but I don't want to write at the board. Everyone will see. Now, what do I do?

I had no other choice, I wrote the answer and walked to my seat.

"Umm. Mr. Kwon, what does it say? Sorry, I can't read it, it's a bit messy." Mr. Hong chuckled.

I answered the question verbally and Mr. Hong continued his discussion. I looked at Jihoon and saw his eyes wide-opened. I just rolled my eyes.

"Do you believe me now?" I whispered.

He looked at me, nodding. I smiled.

~