6 - Facade

"So, you're telling me that no one can actually read your handwriting?" I nodded. "That's awesome!"

"What the? It's not! I never had any friends because of that. They think I'm a freak." I argued. "You don't know what it feels like to be seen as someone disgusting or unknown!"

I furiously looked at him and from that moment, I knew that I said the wrong words.

"S-sorry, I was a little shocked with what you said and blurted out nonsense. I take back what I said." I apologized, not looking at him. I feel really bad.

What have I done? There was someone who didn't looked at me like the others and I ruined the possible friendship. Ghad, what am I doing?

"It's okay, you know, I never really had any friends." He said and looked at me, a bit sad.

"People looked at me like I'm a trash. I'm nobody. For their eyes, I'm the invisible man. You know why?" I shooked my head, eager to learn more about what he's saying.

"My dad. He's in jail. Everyone's afraid of me because they think that I'll do what my dad did."

"What did your dad do?" I interrupted.

"He murdered someone." He sadly smiled.

"Even my mom hates me, cause I'm his son. She's my mother but she looks at me like I'm a monster. And for that, I have never experienced the love of a parent or a friend."

"How did you survive?" I gently asked.

"I was left in an orphanage, they fed me, clothed me, cared for me. They gave me everything I need and I'm grateful for that. Even though my mom never showed me love, atleast someone watched me grow." He softly said and looked at the sky.

Oh, so that's his story.

A long silence followed and no one dared to speak. I just looked at him, thinking of what he experienced. I can't imagine living a life like that. I have both my parents and they love me even though I'm like this. But him? That's awful.

"I'm sorry. You probably hate me now for saying those things. I didn't know. Sorry." I said, looking down.

"No. It's fine. Actually, I'm thankful." I looked up and waited for his next words. "If you didn't yell at me earlier, I'll probably never let this out, you know, it's eating me. No one ever listened to me. For that, thank you." Jihoon said and warmly smiled.

I just stared at him the whole time and I don't know why, but I'm really happy.

The wind coldly blowing. The relaxing silence we share. Him, looking at me like that. With his smile, slowly warming my heart. This unknown feeling of happiness. Ah, this moment will never fade.

For the first time, I made a friend.