12 - Lief

"Are you kidding me?" Jihoon asked, unamused.

"No! Why?" I smiled at him excitedly.

"Why did you bring me to an amusement park?" He asked while looking at something.

"Well, you said that you never had experienced eating dinner with a family. That's why I thought that you have never been in this kind of place. And it's my way of saying sorry."

"You're right. I have never been in this place. And I already forgave you, right?" He looked at me.

I stared at his eyes, totally ignoring his question. My gaze continued to his eyebrows, to his nose, his cheeks and lastly, his lips. His features are coming out and I like it.

Not to mention, the night sky and the lights perfectly complement his face.

"You're pretty." I murmured.

"What?"

"Nothing, I said let's go." I took his hand and ran towards a ride.

That was close. Why did I say that? What am I thinking? I'm losing my mind!

-

"You should have seen the look on your face!"

"Stop it, it's not funny. I was scared, alright." Jihoon still laughed, I just rolled my eyes.

We just got out of a ride. I didn't know that it was that scary. I thought I can handle the ride but no, I actually screamed my lungs out.

Remembering the short moment of riding that swinging boat, I just laughed. I was super scared but if I think about it now, it was nothing.

"You're laughing. Why?" Jihoon sat beside me and handed a bottle of water.

"It's nothing. I just thought that it has been a while since I went to an amusement park." I said and took a gulp of water.

We sat for a while, staring at the children playing. Or the couples giggling. Or the starry sky above. We just stayed silent.

"Thank you. Thank you for bringing me here." I looked at him and he had a warm smile.

"No, thank you. Thank you for coming with me." I replied with a cheeky smile. Jihoon chuckled.

"You're really pretty. Do you know that?" I said, much louder this time.

"W-what are you saying?" He nervously laughed and avoided my gaze.

He walked towards the souvenier shop, ignoring my statement. I sighed and followed.

-

"What do you think?" I asked while pointing at a blue-colored stuffed toy.

"It's cute. Why?" I took the toy and started inspecting it. I positioned it beside Jihoon, checking if it matches him.

"What are you doing?" He asked, I ignored him.

I went to the cashier and bought the stuffed toy.

"Here." I said while giving Jihoon the paper bag with the stuffed toy.

"What's this for?" He asked, looking confused.

"Think of it as an extension of my apology." I said, smiling.

-