7 - Gratifying

"Hey, dear! Welcome home!" My mother greeted. "So, how was school?"

"It was fine." I ran to my room and jumped on my bed.

That was fun.

I have never imagined having a friend. Does having a friend feels this way? I don't know what to say, it feels like I'm on top of a cloud.

I feel like I'm exaggerating but at the same time, I don't. I'm so happy.

-

Dear diary,

Hi. Just a reminder, this will be long.

So, today started fine. I went to school, walked in my class, sat in my place, as usual. Yesterday, Jihoon asked me this question, "What does it mean?" and because I don't like telling people my secret, I feigned ignorance and because of that I have to tell him my answer now.

At first, I'm still hesitant to tell him, that's why I checked if he can really read my handwriting. And he can! I told him that we'll meet at the rooftop. But I still can't believe that someone can actually read it.

I don't know what to say or what to feel. Am I supposed to be happy? Or anxious? This has never happened before. Why can he read it? Aish! I don't know.

Then, lunch came. I waited at the rooftop and told him. I already know that he'll react that way. Cause it's impossible to be like this.

The moment I was called by Mr. Hong, I don't know what to do. Is this Jihoon's way of knowing if I'm telling the truth? But- fine.

I had no choice. Mr. Hong and my classmates will just think that I have a messy handwriting while Jihoon can read it. That's enough proof, isn't it?

And I'm right. That was enough.

When he said that having this 'curse' is awesome. I lost it. Who wouldn't? He can never understand what this 'curse' can do. And for the second time, I said it again. Why do I think this way?

Back to the topic, I yelled at him and I really regretted it. Good thing he forgave me.

He told me a lot of things about him. And I didn't expect his story. I thought he just had bad grades that's why everyone don't like him or he's some kind of bad boy. But it was more serious than that.

He told me something he wants to keep as a secret and it felt good. The feeling of someone trusting you, it felt good. It feels like I'm someone important on that person's life. It felt like I'm a friend.

I know, I wrote the other day that probably, I won't have any friends. Guess it wasn't true.

Love,
Soonyoung

-