Let It Come Down

"Think where mans glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends"

Spencer keeps his head down as he follows hotch down the corridor and into his room.

"Sit down" hotch points to the chair and Spencer just hopes this will be over quickly.

"I'm sorry"

Hotch sighs and sits on the bed.

"I'm sorry I didn't notice. And that you felt you couldn't talk to us"

"You were all struggling too"

"It's happened now, there's nothing we can do about that"

Spencer shuffles awkwardly in his chair, wondering where this was going.

"As you know we have a few days off. I know you'll use that time to get back to your old self"

Spencer nods.

"Morgan has agreed to stay with you"

"He doesn't have to" but really Spencer's glad he won't have to be alone. It drove him mad sometimes.

"He's worried. We all are" hotch says gently.

"I'm sorry"

"There's someone I know. She specialises in grief and addiction. I think she could help"

"I don't think that would be necessary"

"Spencer. It's an order"

"Alright. Can I go now?"

Hotch nods "and you know you can talk to any of us, right?"

"I do sir"

Spencer gets up and leaves the room quickly. His brain is all over the place and all he wants is his bed. Safety.

He feels bad, he was just another thing for the team to worry about.

That settled it. He had to quit, and for good now. Even if it meant talking to someone, a stranger, and probably having the occasional chat with hotch as well.

Morgan is taking his babysitting duties seriously. He won't leave Spencer alone, even on the jet he sits next to him. Spencer's starting to feel nauseous again so tries to sleep.

Thankfully the flight passes quickly and soon they're touching down.

"Go straight home" hotch tells him and Morgan "we can take care of this"

"Come on kid" Morgan herds Spencer in the direction of his car.

"You don't have to do this just because hotch told you to" Spencer says, he would like to have Morgan stay with him but he knows Morgan has better things to do.

"I'm not doing this because of hotch"

"Right. Well, thanks"

Morgan laughs "no problem kid"