2. Voice in My Dreams

'I remember all my life
Raining down as cold as ice.
Shadows of a man,
A face through a window cryin' in the night,
The night goes into
Morning just another day;
Happy people pass my way.
Looking in their eyes,
I see a memory I never realized how happy you made me...'          ('Mandy' by Westlife)

"Amaya, isn't it the song you heard in our first week here? Lanya interrupted Amaya's murmuring of a sweet melody.

"Yes, that voice ringing in my ears since then. I love that dreamy velvety voice so much."

"Of course I can imagine that. How many times did you hear the voice in your dreams?"

 "Countless times! But I couldn't hear that voice in the college even once after that."

"I'm sure it must belong to a guest musician visited only on that day." Lanya teased Amaya for her puerile obsession.

"Hmm.. but I'll give anything to hear a song from the voice in my dreams once again."

"Just go to sleep then, so you don't have to give anything."

When Theo entered into room twenty-two the girls were laughing loudly.

"What's the good news?" Theo was curious about the huge laugh.

"It's a girls-only joke!" for Amaya's relief Lanya avoided his question. Theo, a calm boy who doesn't talk much didn't try to dig further into the matter because he knew that he is unable to go on arguing with chatty, vivacious Lanya. 

Theo arranged two extra chairs he brought near the window and Amaya and Lanya settled on those leaving the seats in the left corner for the expecting guests.

At that moment Kevin entered the room with Alex and Ryan. After the first introduction, Alex was comfortably got together with the three while Kevin and Ryan kept silent.

"Kevin, here are the notes I tried to compose and Lanya wrote them down. Would you mind complete the rest of it?" Amaya extended her papers but Kevin didn't pay attention. He seemed to try to tune his guitar in a very serious mood. 

"Give it to me, I'll pass it." Theo took those making Kavin annoyed with no reason. He studied the notes without a word when those reached him but once tried to play the melody it made him feel better a little. He liked the soulful music in it which felt like talking to his inner heart.

"Shall we try playing first? Then we can have an idea of developing it further."

"Alright, Kevin we are ready."

With Alex's agreement, everyone started to practice but for the first time, Kevin found he was too anxious while playing the guitar. He looked at Amaya who was playing the violin with closed eyes without sensing anything around her. She looked really peaceful and adorable so Kevin couldn't take his stare away until Alex nudged him with a grin. Trying to avoid his curious eyes Kevin scribble some notes in a hurry.

"Kevin, while you focus on writing we'll take a little break." As soon as Ryan suggested Alex stood up.

"We'll get some fresh air and come back. Come on, guys."

Lanya took Amaya's hand and joined the others. Kevin couldn't stop his eyes following Amaya. Her rhythmical small steps, the silky hair moving side to side with her just fascinated him.     

'What's wrong with me? I'm not in my right mind today, I must be going crazy!' He thought angrily while trying to concentrate on music. Within minutes he was able to dive deep into his work, playing the notes and humming them, tried hard to complete the piece.

Meanwhile, the other five were heading back to the practice room with coffees in their hands. As they opened the door their ears filled with the rhythmic tune of guitar and a gentle humming voice. As soon as Amaya heard the voice she stood frozen holding Lanya's hand in an almost painful grip. She was astonished, couldn't move an inch until Lanya dragged her into the room who realized that sudden change better not to indicate to others.

"Is it about his voice? But you have to calm down now." Lanya murmured into her ear and Amaya nodded agreeing.

Even though the group settled down to try out the new line up of notes by Kevin, Amaya found difficult to concentrate. Each time his singing voice reached her ears the mind became more and more unsettled.

"You need to focus for now, we'll talk about this later." As Lanya whispered from time to time she tried hard to join the group with the violin.

On the other hand, Kevin felt his mind was calm down after finished composing the song Amaya started. He kept on glancing at her while feeling an unfamiliar warmth arising deep inside the heart.

Clap.. Clap.. Clap..

The clapping sound came from the door drew the attention of all the instrumentalists away from the song. A pretty tall girl with blond hair was standing near the half-opened door smiling at them. While everyone stared at her she entered and walked towards Kevin. He looked totally discomposed as she coming nearer.

"It was a nice performance. Kevin, did you compose it?" Krystal who was beaming with the happiness of surprising Kevin asked but he who was dismayed by her presence didn't bother to answer.

"And you, peach colour dress, played the violin pretty well for a blind girl!" Krystal uttered to hurt Amaya with the irritated mind after noticing Kevin's continuous glances at her while they were playing.

At the moment others heard those words, they instantly turned to Amaya but she didn't react. Unable to be patient any more Kevin dashed out from the room dragging Krystal along with him.

"Who the hell is that?" Lanya shouted annoyed.

"She is a law student but following a music course too. Not only because of her interest but to be with Kevin. Krystal Taylor is the daughter of his father's friend but she is a nuisance to us now." Ryan explained.

"Amaya, we are sorry for not stopping her." Alex said regretfully.

"I don't mind it. I think she praised me, didn't she?" Amaya smiled reassuringly.

"Earlier what was that about? You heard the voice again, didn't you? Is it Kevin?" Lanya who tried hard to hold her tongue back asked once they were left alone.

"Yes, it is Kevin. I couldn't believe my ears."

"Oh! then you found your dream prince, right?"

"It's the dream voice, not the prince silly."

"Who cares? Dreams voice belongs to the dream prince!"

"That is not a good topic to discuss. He already has a princess. Even if he does look at me, I can't ever be a princess to him. I just like his voice so much, that's all."

"We heard about Krystal a while ago. He doesn't like her. What's wrong with you? You are an attractive girl as any other girl can be. Don't undervalue yourself. If you like him, let your heart freely express it. Don't try to suppress your feelings. "

"Lanya, shall we stop it now. I just love his voice not him. We hardly know him. After the performance, we won't be meeting again." Amaya told sternly so Lanya didn't want to continue further.