New addition // J.D

"Hey Josh!?" I called, not looking up from my phone.

"What's up!?" He responded, walking into our lounge, wiping his hands on a towel.

"Can we get a cat?" I asked enthusiastically.

He smiles weakly, sitting down next to me and throwing the towel down on the other cushion.

"Look,, as much as I would love to,, we just,, can't." He answers, sadness evident in his voice.

"But why?" I whine, leaning my head on his shoulder.

He wraps his arm around me and pulls me closer, kissing the top of my head.

"Well, for starters, we're still on tour, and since you always come along, which I'm glad you do,, no one would be around to take care of it."

"We have neighbors around here, Josh." I mutter.

"Between you and me,, I don't trust any of 'em. They're all shady." He answers, making me laugh.

"Eh, I guess. But we have friends around here, too."

"That's true, but I don't see a point to bring one home, just to have to leave it for a few months." His soft voice making things worse.

I groan and move my head from his shoulder to the soft material on the back of the couch.

"Soon, babe, soon." He tells me, grabbing and squeezing my hand.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Six months after the initial conversation about getting a cat, Josh and I decided that we would get one once the tour is over.

We even talked about it with Tyler and Jenna, asking about what kind they think we should get. Of course Tyler said dragon every time, but Jenna was much more helpful with her suggestions.

The bandito tour was now over, and after Josh and I parted ways with Tyler and Jenna, we were back home.

The second we walked in the door, I asked, "So, Josh, when are we getting a cat?"

He chuckled, setting his bag down on the couch while I put our suitcases off to the side.

"You know what? We'll go to the pet store tomorrow. How about that?"

My eyes widened as I squealed and ran over to him, practically knocking him over in a hug.

"Really!?"

"Yes, really."

"Thank you, Josh!" I exclaim, grinning into his neck.