Chapter Four- Creative Writing and Derek Black

Brit. Lit went fairly well, other than the curious stares that i gained from the kids in the class, the teacher didn't make me do the traditional introduction, where you stand in front of the class and awkwardly talk about yourself, so that's always a plus. I was able to stay in the back of the class and work on a project the whole class, so i also didn't have to interact with anyone, if only all my classes can be that way.

        "Alright here is your next class, I think Skylar is in this class with you so at least you know someone," Chris said, as he stopped in front of the door. I nodded my head and gave him a grateful smile before walking inside the class. 

        "Serenity, come over here," I heard someone call out as soon as I walked into the classroom. I turned to see Skylar calling me over to her with a bright smile on her face. I returned the smile and walked over to her.  She patted the seat beside her motioning me to sit down. I did.

        "How are you liking Brunswick High so far?" Skylar asked me. I shrugged my shoulders.

        "It's good so far," I answered, as I looked around the class room for the teacher to find that there wasn't one in here.        

        "He should be here in a few minutes, he is always late for this class because we are such a small class he doesn't worry about us causing problems while he is gone," Skylar explained. I looked around again to see that the class was really small there is only about 15 students in it.

        "Why is this class so small?" I asked her.

        "Only people who actually enjoy writing, or people who need another class to graduate and think this one will be easy take this class," she explained. I nodded my head understanding. "So which are you?" She asked me. 

        "I joined this class because I like to write," I answered her. Her smile grew wider. 

        "Me too," She exclaimed. "Mostly everyone else in the class doesn't like writing and those who do keep to themselves and don't talk to me," She said. I nodded my head. "But the again I'm not complaining because I get to see that sexy guy everyday," Skylar added, nodding her head to the back of the classroom. I looked to were she was motioning and saw a very familiar face sitting with the girl from yesterday, Ashley,  and a guy that i don't know. My eyes widened when he glanced my way, I quickly turned around hoping that he didn't see me. 

        "He isn't coming this way is he?" I asked Skylar. She looked at me confused and then glanced back at him.         

        "Do you want me to tell you what you want to hear or that he actually is coming this way?" Skylar asked me. I groaned and hit my head off of the desk. 

        "Can you make him go away?" I asked her. She giggled. 

        "Make who go away?" I heard Derek asked. I groaned. 

        "You," I answered, sitting up to face him. He laughed as if he thought i was joking.  I glanced at Skylar and she just shrugged her shoulders. Can this guy not take a hint? 

        "How is your first day going?" Derek asked me. I sighed. 

        "It's fine," I answered. 

        "That's good, so i was wandering since you ditched me yesterday if you wanted to go to the diner tonight with me," Derek asked. 

        "Derek, I didn't ditch you, because I never agreed to going with you, why don't you just take Barbie, back there?" I asked him, nodding back to Ashley. Skylar bit back a laugh.