Chapter Two- Forgotten Friends

"Serenity, is that what you are wearing tonight?" Sara asked me when i walked down the stairs. I looked down at my outfit, trying to figure out what was wrong with my outfit, I had a cream colored blouse on with skinny jeans, my leather jacket and combat boots. 

        "Yeah?" I answered her still confused as to what is wrong with it. 

        "Didn't i tell you there would be a boy your age there?" Sara asked me. I nodded my head slowly still not understanding what she was trying to get at. "I thought maybe you could wear a dress," Sara said. I looked at her as if she had grown a second head. She must be crazy if she thinks that i am going to wear a dress. 

        "Sara, I don't do dresses," I said, as a jumped over the back of the couch landing on the soft cushions. Sara sighed. 

        "I swear it's almost like I'm raising two boys, do you do anything that any other girl does?" Sara asked me.         

        "I have a period," I answered with a smirk, Sara gasped at me and threw a pillow at me. 

        "You are too much like your parents," She huffed a she fell into the chair. "You are stubborn like your mom, and sarcastic like your father," She added with a smile. 

        "Mom always used to claim that she wasn't stubborn, her and dad would argue about it all the time," I said laughing at the memories of their little "fights". Sara laughed and nodded her head. 

        "Yeah, I remember those arguments, they destroyed my kitchen last Christmas, remember?" Sara asked. I nodded my head and laughed. Dad was proving to be right in the argument so my mom grabbed a handful of flour and threw it in his face, Aunt Sara and i were in the living room and we walked into the kitchen to see it covered in flour along with the both of my parents, sometimes they were more immature than i was and I'm the kid.

      "There was never a dull moment with you parents around," Sara said, i nodded my head in agreement.

           "Mom, when are we leaving for the dinner?" Matt, my cousin called as he jogged down the stairs. 

        "Now we were just waiting for your slow ass," Sara said, as she jumped up off of the chair. I laughed and got up grabbing my phone putting it in my pocket. 

        "Is that what you are wearing?" Matt asked me. I threw my hands up in the air. 

        "What is so wrong with my clothes," I exclaimed. 

        "Nothing it's just usually girls wear dresses to stuff like this," Matt said. I scowled at him.         

        "And guys usually wear collared shirts," I pointed to his very worn blue t-shirt. He narrowed his eyes at me and i crossed my arms across my chest. 

        "Okay kids stop fighting, lets go. " Sara said as she started ushering us out of the house. " We are going to walk since there house isn't even a block away," Sara said, I nodded my head.

        "Hey Serenity, what happened to your cheek?" Matt asked me.         

        "A cute boy hit her with a football," Sara exclaimed before i could answer. Matt raised his eyebrow. 

        "Really I might know him, is he in our grade?" Matt asked. I nodded. 

        "Sara i never said he was cute," I said. But she just kept walking with a smile on her face. 

        "What is his name?" Matt asked. 

        "Derek," Sara answered with a smirk. Matt smiled and the two of them shared a glance.