|6| hey, partner

ellie's outfit^

also, there will be quite a lot of dialogue in this chapter! not that it is a bad thing but just warning you.

ellie

It was around 6:00 pm, and I had yet to start getting ready. Usually, it wouldn't take me that long to get ready but I didn't take a shower last night, so it's going to take longer. Last night, I took off my makeup and my clothes and immediately jumped into bed. This week had worn me out. Anyways, before I waste any more time I should go take a shower.

After taking my shower, I go and pick out an outfit. Picking a random graphic tee, some black jeans, and white vans. I do my makeup and finish with some red lipstick. By the time I'm done with everything, I have 15 minutes before Reid gets here. 

I walk out of my room and towards the kitchen, but I stop. I hear my dad whispering as if he is talking to someone. I stop and stay behind hidden the wall, that leads into the kitchen. 

"No Leanne, she isn't ready to see you. You've been gone for years and now you decide to come back, that isn't okay. I need to sit down and talk with her first.", he whispers into the phone, aggressively. He pauses and then speaks again.

"Okay, give me some time. Bye." He cuts the call and runs a hand through his hair. 

I stand still, unable to move because of what just happened. He had been talking to Leanne. He had been talking to my mother. I don't know what to feel. How long has she wanted to see me? How long has my Dad known? All sorts of questions swarm in my brain before I get a text on my phone. 

Reid: I'm Here

Me: okay, but when did I give you my number?

Reid: A couple of days ago when you weren't looking ;)

Me: whatever, i'll be out in a minute.

I try to not look suspicious as I walk out from where I was hidden. My dad still has his back turned towards me.

"Bye Dad. I love you," I speak and he turns around quickly. He looks shocked but quickly replaces it with a smile.

"I love you too sweetie, be back before 12 at least," he replies.

"I don't think it will take that long for the sun to go down but I'll definitely be back by then," I laugh. 

"Okay, bye sweetie. Be safe. I love you!" he shouts as I start towards the door.

"Love you too, bye!" I shout as I shut the door and start my walk down the driveway to Reid's car. 

As I'm walking I can't help but remember what I had just witnessed. My mom wanted to see me, and my dad hasn't told me. He probably is just waiting until I get home. Yeah. He knows I have to go out tonight, and he doesn't want to stress me out. Although, that really hasn't worked out because I already know and now I'm freaking out. 

I reach Reid's car and open the door. 

"Hey partner" Reid greets.

"You do realize that you haven't once said my actual name," I reply. He laughs. He fucking laughs.

"What are you talking about Elle? I'm calling you by your name right now," he smirks.