Chapter 6

Dad, Rick, and Glenn still didn't return! Ugh! I showered, brushed my teeth, ate, and I'm all ready for the day! I feel like a girl who loves school and just got ready for school. Why? Because I said that sentence.

T-Dog, Daryl, and Shane were getting ready to go into town for Rick, Glenn, and Dad.

I heard an engine sound growing closer and soon my dad's truck appeared over the hill. I smiled and the truck had everyone's attention. The engine stopped and Rick, Glenn, and Dad hopped out of the truck. I hugged Dad and Rick. Lori and Carl hugged Rick. Maggie hugged Glenn. Megan and Hunter hugged dad.

I smiled. Andrea pointed out a man in the back of the truck who was blinded folded.

"That's Randall." Glenn replied. Randall, my best friend, he was with the group of men and he looked like he was gonna cry when he saw what was gone happen to me.

Stay calm, Kas, stay calm. Don't let this get to you. Take deep breathes. I kept saying to myself. I backed away from everyone and into the house for some alone time.

So much for alone time. Because, next thing I know, Shane and T-Dog are walking in with an unconscious Randall. Then Dad walks in to patch him up. I hope no one lets him see me. That would just be fantastic if he saw me! Then he'd start apologizing and everyone would know. That, would be very bad. Very bad.

Everyone soon came in and was sitting at the table. I was with everyone except I was standing, biting my thumbnail. Soon dad walked out, wiping his hands on a white rag. Dad looked to me with an apologetic look. I was confused for a second.

"I repaired his calf muscle as best I can, but he'll probably have some nerve damage. Won't be on his feet for at least a week." I sighed and banged my head against the wall multiple times.

"When he can, we'll give him a canteen and some supplies, drive him to a main road and he'll be on his way." I grunted and banged my head against the wall multiple more times.

"Isn't that the same as leaving him for the walkers?" Andrea asks.

"He'll have a fighting chance." Rick responds. Grrr. I grunted again and banged my head against the wall......again.

"That's it? We just leave him there? He knows his way back, Rick." Shane argues. I groaned. What the hell is my problem? Oh, that's right! Everything! Everything, in my life, is fucked up! Badly!

"He was blindfolded the whole way here! He's not a threat!" Rick defends. Let the lord bless your soul, Rick!

"Not a threat? Really? You killed three of their men, took one hostage, and they're not gonna come lookin'?" Shane asks. Asshole! You stupid asshole! Are you having troubke getting this shit through your head?

"They left him for dead! They aren't gonna come looking!"

"We should still post a guard." T-Dog suggests.

"He's out cold right now. Will be for hours." Dad says.

"You know what, I'm gonna go get him some flowers and candy!" Shane says sarcastically, getting up from the table. "Look here! We're back in fantasy land!" I walked up to Shane and punched him in the face with a smile.

"Whoops, I'm sorry. I had a muscle spasm and I just so happened to hit you really hard in the face." I smiled brightly. Megan and Hunter both burst out laughing at that. Dad pulled me back some and spoke to Shane.

"You know we didn't even discuss what happened at my barn. But, let's get this clear. This is my farm. I wanted you gone but Rick talked me out of it. That doesn't mean I have to like it. So do us both a favor and keep your mouth shut." Dad scolded Shane. I tried to hide a laugh but that failed....miserably. Shane shook his head and went to walk out the door, but I stopped him.

"You just got burned, man!" I said to Shane. He looked back at me and sent me a death glare, so I sent him another spasm. "Oh, I'm sorry. I can't control my arm or my aim." So I put my foot to his dick. He groaned, clutching himself. "I'm sorry, I can't control my feet either."

Megan and Hunter were laughing so hard they were on the ground clutching there stomachs while crying. I just gave them an amused face.

"You should apologize to him." Dad said to me.

"I can't help it! I have muscle spasms!" I whined. Maggie rolled her eyes and smiled. "Ok fine. Sorry dipshit!" I called after Shane. Dad gave me a stern face and my smile dropped. "Didn't know I wasn't allowed to live a fun life." I mumbled.

"You are, but that was rude."

"I'm living this shithole of a life how I want while I'm still here! I'm having fun during this hell hole world! Why can't I just be the person I am!"

"Because this isn't you!"

"It is! I haven't changed! Well, I have. But it was temporary!"

"Then leave! You're not my little girl! Where's my little angel?"

"I'm right here!"

"Why don't ya just leave with that Dixon boy?"

"Now why the hell would I leave with him?! All he did was break me! I ain't goin' nowhere!"

"Exactly! He grew on you then broke you! You're not the same!"

"If you're gonna control my life go ahead! I'll be dead by mornin'! I'm doing what I have to, to survive!" I stormed out of the house and then sprinted to the woods. Tears were streaming down my face. I started to slow down and when I stopped, I slid down a tree, sobbing into my hands.

Why can't I just be who I am? Love who I love? I know Daryl grew on my for last 5 years of my real life, the life I spent with him, but no one supports me cause he's a Dixon! It pisses me off!