Chapter 11 Wedding Day Part 2

(Conversation in English)

She's doing it.

She's leading him in.

Leading him towards me.

It's weird how short his mother looks by his side considering she's at least 5 inches taller than me.

It's also weird how by every step he's taking towards me he keeps getting closer and closer.

"Who are you?"

"What?"

"Oh, Hanan. Didn't recognize you without the niqab and hijab, " he said in a stern way.

"Stop joking, " I said laughing at his stupid joke.

"Pink?"

What is he talking about?
Oh.
Oh.
Oh.
The dress.

"Yeah. I couldn't find a white one, " I said shyly while looking down and playing with the little beads on the skirt of the dress.

"They ran out?"

"What? No. I just couldn't find one I like, " I laughed.

"Oh. I love it."

"Thanks."

Silence.

Awkward.

Do I say something or does he?

*BTS song starts playing.*

"Please tell me you don't listen to this, " he says while putting his hand on his forehead as if he has a headache.

"This is my song, " I said as I get up and start doing the choreography to the song.

20 minutes later of kpop songs and me dancing miserably to them, I feel a hand grab my shoulder.

"It's so weird how when I listen and dance to music, Saif gives me the haram talk but when you do it he's admiring you, " Abeel says while turning me to look at my husband.

She's right.
He is adoring me.
He's looking at me like a mother would her newborn.
Like he loves me and wants to make sure I'm always protected.

"You blinked."

"What?"

"You blinked. That means that Saif won the staring contest, " Abeel informs me as she drags me towards Saif.

"Here's your wife. I feel bad you have to share her with 7 other guys, " she says before walking back towards her seat.

"What does she mean?" Saif asks with a serious and concerned look on his face.

"Do you really not know?"

"Know what?"

"I already married 7 guys."

"What? Who? When? How?"

"Who is Kim Namjoon, Kim Seokjin, Min Yoongi, Jung Hoseok, Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung, and Jeon Jungkook, " I say while holding up a finger for each member. "The when is 2013 and the how is because they are very talented artists and also extremely funny."

"Ohhhh. They're famous, " he says as he calms down.  "It's okay then because I know you can't get with them. But do I have to share your attention too?"

"Yeah. Duh. I can't be a fangirl and a loyal wife at the same time," I say while picking up the drink off the table and drinking it.

"As long as we sleep together, " Saif casually says.

"WHAT?!" I scream loud enough for him to hear me but not the guest while spitting out my drink.

"Sleep together ya habibti. I heard from all my friends that when a married couple sleep together that's when the love starts. I brought us matching pajamas so we can sleep comfortably."

Is he serious?
Did he just say that?
Oh, Allah.

"Th-thanks, " I stuttered.

Can't wait for tonight.