Chapter 9

2 weeks.

2 weeks until the wedding.

I was finally able to breathe by the time I got the stupid tight wedding dress off.

We've been here all morning. And by 'we', I mean me, my mother, and both my sisters.

"Maybe you just shouldn't wear a wedding dress, " my sister, Nora, said while sighing. I could tell she wanted this over with just as much as I did.

"Maybe white just isn't you, " my other sister, Sana, said.

(Conversation in Arabic)

"I found the perfect dress, " my mother said in an almost too loud tone considering she was just speaking.

"I don't like it."

"You don't like any of them."

"Mom, please just let me find one that I feel right in, " I said with a sadden expression.

We have been to 9 boutiques in the past 5 days. I seriously feel like I've tried on over a million dresses.

(Conversation in English)

"How about this one miss, " the employee who's been watching me and my family for the past 3 hours said.

She was holding a really pretty pink dress.  (Dress in the cover of this book)

It was puffy from the bottom and strappless from the top.

"Do you have it in sleeves? " I asked while eyeing the almost perfect dress.

"No miss, " she said while looking kinda annoyed but still trying to sound respectful. 

"We'll take it, but first can she try it?" Nora asked interrupting the employee from leaving.

"Of course she can, " the lady chirped.

This is it.

This is the dress.

I finally found it.

But I don't like that it's strap and sleeveless.

Before I could get a word in, Sana beat me to it.

"We can find a matching shirt for it."

"You sure?"

"Yes, of course."

"Where?"

"I have one at home, " Nora said. " I think the colors are really similar too."

(Conversation in Arabic)

"You look beautiful, " my mother says almost tearing up.

"I'm picking it."

(Conversation in English)

"Say it, " Nora says.

"Say it, " Sana repeats.

"Fine. I said yes to the dress, " I say acting irritated but end up laughing when I hear them squeal with delight.

I hope Saif's outfit matches mine.