Chapter Nineteen

Alex smirked and looked back at me from where he'd just appeared. Skye crossed her arms.. "Someone's been practicing, big time."

Alex winked. "I can travel the whole length of a football field, now." He yelled at us from the distance

"Impressive." I smirked.

Victor frowned. "Not when he and Skye work together to fill up the vents with smoke so that he can teleport into your room and scare the shit out of you."

Evanora smiled as she finished pulling her hair into a ponytail. "Awe, poor baby. It's okay, I'll make sure to spray the monsters under your bed tonight for you."

Victor hit her arm and they laughed. "Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever Evie."

"You know you love me, Vic."She said, punching his shoulder. He rolled his eyes, but his smile betrayed him.

Alex teleported beside us and Skye made the smoke that had just been in the air disperse. We'd been given a two hour free period to run around Eros's expansive backyard.

It had a high fence, probably about twelve or thirteen feet, which no one was getting over anytime soon.

It honestly felt good being out like this. The feeling of the sun on my skin, hearing the various conversations of kids around me. It felt like High school again.

And that was the kind of normality that I needed.

Suddenly, a tall lean woman with jet black hair called out. "Will Circe Lewis, Hailey Florence, Kelly Harvey, Keith Madison, Jesse Carter, and Rob Louise please come with me?!"

Alex looked at me curiously. I shrugged in response. I had no idea what was going on. But the other kids didn't seem as confused as me. So I followed them as they followed the lady.

My mind was racing. Was I in trouble for my threatening interaction with Hailey yesterday? They had cameras everywhere. Maybe she told and they found video evidence. But her mom was the supervisor of Eros, maybe she didn't need evidence.

But that didn't seem very likely. Unless all these kids did something to wrong Hailey, then maybe I wasn't in trouble. But then why was I called.

My question was answered when we were led into a large room with white walls and while linoleum floors (which seemed to be Eros's go-to theme). The room was filled with people on computers and at the end of the room there was a large screen that displayed various numbers and codes.

Carol was at the front of the room, talking to a woman with dark red hair and ice cold blue eyes. Eyes that reminded me of Hailey.

Carol turned to us when we walked up to her and the woman. "Okay, children. You six have been chosen to cooperate with each other on a very important, very serious mission." He began, not bothering to sugar coat it.

A freckle faced boy in the front gasped, his eyes sparkling. "A real mission?!? Like, we get to go do cool stuff?!" He looked to be about fourteen, and it showed.

The red headed woman narrowed her eyes."Did Ms. Davis stutter, Jesse?" She asked.

Jesse instantly shrunk back a bit. "No ma'am." He mumbled softly.

She turned back to Carol and nodded and Carol continued. "We usually don't do things like this, especially on such short notice, but it's very important." She scrolled on her laptop for a bit before she continued. "We've received word that a young Elementalist girl is being transferred from bounty hunters to the Police today. They plan on executing her as soon as possible once they get their hands on her."

Carol looked up at us seriously."They plan on killing a young girl. A seven year old girl. We need to stop this. We're sending you six out there to rescue her and leave, nothing more, nothing less."

She gestured to the woman beside her. "The supervisor pocked you all out specifically based on not only your powers, but you skills in using them as well. So feel honored."

Hailey's mother. Of course.

Hailey looked smug from her position at the front of the group. This was no doubt a normal thing for her.

"We're providing you with transportation to get to their extraction point. One of our men will drive you there and back. He will leave when commanded to if you are all not present, understood?" Mrs. Florence asked coldly. We all nodded.

"Well then, all I have to say to you is good luck."