Chapter Twenty-Six

Evanora's braid flew to her other shoulder as she turned around and smiled at me. "So, how is she?" She asked softly.

I shook my head. "Not really good. They really did a number on her."

Evanora's smile faltered. "I should have known. What about the news of what happened to Ms. Duboise? How's she taking that?"

"Even worse."

A pout found its way onto Evanora's face and she fiddled with her star necklace. "Gosh, we should've done more for her. We should've been looking for her while we were on the run. We're so selfish!"

"Evie, there's not much that we could've done. As cruel as that sounds, I'm pretty sure that us four alone wouldn't have been able to do anything to rescue her, especially with how bad we were at controlling our powers."

Evanora sighed and looked down. "Yeah, but that doesn't make me feel any better."

I nodded. I felt really bad for Evanora. She'd known Grace for a much longer time period than me. It probably felt way worse to her to know that she was hurting this much.

"She's in my room waiting for you and Victor. She wanted to hang out with you guys." I said, trying to change the subject.

Evanora nodded and stood up from the chair she was in. "I'll go find Vic. Alex is somewhere around here if you two want to talk."

She winked before walking away and I chuckled.

I looked around the commons room area and saw Alex in the corner talking with Skye.

I walked over and grabbed Alex's shoulder with a smile. "Can I borrow him for a minute." I asked.

"Please do. He was just on the verge of getting annoying."

"I thought I was being rather charming." Alex smiled as I dragged him away.

"So what's up?" He asked as I shut the door and turned to him.

"I'm sick of this." I said suddenly.

He cocked an eyebrow. "Sick of what?"

"Of all the hurt that everyone is feeling right now. I want it to end." I said, running my hands through my hair.

"Circe," He began, grabbing my hands softly. "You and I both know that you don't have that kind of power."

I scoffed. "Like hell I don't. You and I both know who's at the epicenter of all this."

"Yeah, but he's a rich and powerful businessman who has like, unlimited resources dedicated towards killing us."

"Correction, he's an Elementalist." I smirked.

"So?"

"So, we are two. We're on the same playing field here. We're equals in that aspect."

Alex's brow furrowed. "Circe...what exactly are you implying."

"I'm implying that I think it's time to take down Dorian Grey. Once and for all."