Chapter 15

The chest up top

I wake as a feel something cold on my face. I wave a hand at it and turn on my side only to wince and sit up. Damn, I forgot about my side. Guess it hasn't healed up all the way. I lay back on my back and look over to see Becca holding an ice coffee. I make a face at it, "Coffee tastes terrible." Becca sighs and sets it on my desk, "Okay then. Well I just got here and you were asleep."

I see a white lizard with blue eyes on her shoulder and my eyes narrow, "I see Lynda stayed with you. I hope she was out of sight." Becca nods and sits on the bottom bunk drinking her coffee. I lay back down and quickly sit back up again remembering what Natosha said. Their was a letter for me. I better go see what it is then, "What is it?" I shake my head, "Nothing. I'll be back." Becca pouts but doesn't argue.

I leave my room and head back down to Natosha's. I don't have to go to her because I see her back in the filing area for cases.

I walk up to her and she gives me a look of surprise, "What's up?"

"You said something about a letter for me?" Realization dawns in her eyes, "Oh yeah! Hold on and I'll get it for you. Oh, I forgot to mention it came with a small chest as well. I haven't opened anything don't worry." I nod and wait for her to come back to the front desk with it.

I look around and say to Natosha, "Do you mind if I go in the back to open this?" She shrugs and hands me the chest along with the letter, "Sure. Come on back." I pick it up and hold it underneath my arm and go to the back room. I sit at the desk and Natosha leans against the back of the chair. I open the letter finish.

'My little Octavian. It's been so long since I last saw you. I hope you are doing well, son. But I do have some bad news. Those that are close to you are not what they seem. Be careful. I hope you'll be willing to meet me, to let me explain things. Anyways, here's some things I thought you could use and bring back memories. Good hopefully.

Sincerely,
you'll see

I huff, "I hate it when people have to be secretive." Natosha punches my shoulder playfully, "You have no room to talk Octav." I pout and shrug before opening the small chest. It's silver with what looks to be two soldiers on horses about to fight?

I slowly open the chest and freeze. Theirs a picture of her. How? I thought I had all of them?
It's a picture of me and her at the lake. I'm wearing black swim trunks and a tank top and I'm holding her in my arms bridal style.

I smile as the memory flashed through my mind.

Three years ago-

"Octavian!" I hear her yell from the water. I barely lift my head up from where I'm laying in the grass, "What's up?"

She gives me a michevious smile, "Come swim with me baby." I laugh and shake my head, turning on my stomach, "I don't want to get in the water. It's to cold. Come relax with me."

She hmphs and smile as I hear her get out of the water. I chuckle, "See? That wasn't so bad was-" I yelp when something wet collapses on me, "Now you're wet too." I roll on my back and she moves to lay more comfortably against me, "That was rude."

She shrugs and gives me a victorious smile. Someone whistles and I tilt my head back. Lorileli's smiling down at us, "Just get in the water Octavian. It'll make you're girl happy and it's not cold, you're just a baby." I huff and stand up, "Fine fine." I turn and nearly stumble when she jumps up and makes me catch her. I look up just as Lorileli takes a photo.