Chapter 17

He smiles at me and opens his arms for a hug. I smile and walk up to him.

Then I swing and punch him square in the face. He drops to the ground and looks up at me in shock, holding a hand to his face.

I scowl down at him, "That's for threatening and scaring Nat, Lucio." I say his name with distaste. He looks down, "I'm sorry, son. I just wanted to make sure you'd meet me." I scoff, "I don't care. You don't threaten her, got it?" He stands up and looks between Natosha and I, "Are you two?" I shake my head at him, "No, we're not, Lucio." He takes a step back and looks down, "You do know I'm your father, right?" I nod, going to stand back next to Natosha, "Just because you were the sperm donor the Acria doesn't mean I'll call you that."

He sighs, "I'm sorr-" I cut him off with a growl, "You abandoned me!" I meet his eyes and see pain and sorrow in them, "I had no choice. I tried to protect you. I tried to take you with me but Acria wouldn't let me. She wanted to keep you to use you. Ever since her brother was killed by a werewolf she's hated any supernatural person or creature. So she created a group that kills them. She's only tolerated you and others because she could use you guys."

I chuckle at him, "I'm sure but we put them in containment and even if we do kill them it's because they were hostile. But she's never really treated me like her kid that much. I was just a weapon to her. But still doesn't mean I'm going to side with you and betray her." Lucio steps towards us and please, "Please Octavian, you've got to stop helping her before it's to late. Why do you think you barely know anything about your cases?" I tense with a growl, "How do you know about that?" He gives me a small smile before pulling something out of his jacket, "I have these and I've been watching " I roll my eyes and mutter, "Creepy much?" He moves closer and shows me my case files. My eyes narrow, "How did you get those? I destroyed them."

He shakes his head, "Remember I am also of the supernatural sort. I'm very rare and so are you." I shake my head also, "I don't really care about that. You still haven't shown me any actual proof that I should betray the headmistress and go with you I have friends that work for her and I'm not very inclined to just leave them." Lucio sighs and takes out a phone out of his pocket, "I got proof. I got proof on how horrible she can get. What do you think she's doing with that Luca kid you brought in alive?"

My eyebrows furrow in confusion. They have him in containment. I gave him to containment. They're only supposed to question him and when they're finished put him down or if they find him harmless or not guilty of the accusations if they have any to let them go.

Natosha takes my hand as I slowly walk forward to look at what he's showing me. I hold in a gasp. I can't believe what I'm seeing. Luca is on an operating table tied down with Acria looking over him. Lucio turns the sounds up on the video.

I hear Acria speak and grip Natosha's hand tight, "You creatures are all the same. Pathetic. The only use you guys are, are to be weapons and to kill others of your kind. To be used. Used by humans. But I'd love to see if you all have to small organs as humans or are you indeed different in that aspect as well?" I see her smile and grab a scalpel before slowly dragging it down his torso. Natosha hides her head against my shoulder and I turn away and pull her closer to me with a arm around her back, "Turn it off." I say in a whisper.

He turns his phone off and puts it back in his pocket, "Do you understand now? You're not on the right side. Please come with me." I shake my head, "Their is no right side. Neither is good and neither is innocent. It's just a decision on who is doing what for the better of the people. Both sides are going to kill. And that's not right in any light."

He gives me a proud smile and hesitantly asks, "So you're with me?" I'm silent for a few seconds then nod, "Yeah, but I need to get somekne first and some of my things. I'll meet you here in half an hour." I step away and meet Natosha's eyes, "You coming?" She nods and we head back to my dorm room. We're both silent. Contemplating what we saw and what's going to happen.

We make it to my room and I freeze at the sight inside. I knew I shouldn't have. God damnit, I'm such a screw up.

I see Becca in Lyndas lap and they're making out on the bed. I clear my throat and say as they jump away from each other, "Well that didn't last long. I guess it's over Becca." They stare at me with wide eyes. Becca opens her mouth but I raise my hand to stop her from speaking, "I'm only here to tell you it's not safe here and I'm leaving. So Lynda-" I meet her eyes blankly, "I bid you good luck on keeping her safe. Maybe I'll see you around." She nods while Becca looks down.

I grab a couple suitcases and start packing my clothes and things I need. I smile slightly when Shadow slithers up my leg and wraps gently around my neck and nuzzles into my neck. I put the chest in my suitcase before grabbing my sketchbook.

I tear the half finished sketch of Becca and stuff the sketchbook in my suitcase and keep the paper in my hand while Natosha gets one suitcase and I get the other. I toss the sketch and Becca and she looks at it and tears pour down her face, "I'm sorry." She whispers. I don't reply and leave after Natosha without a word.

We do our best to avoid people and cameras. I turn to Natosha as we head into the forest, "What about your things? She shrugs, "I only have a few things. I'm kinda new here still remember? I haven't done anything that would make me have anything worth keeping. I left my last behind for a reason." I nod and look at her apologetically, "I'll make it up to you, I promise." She shakes her head, not saying anything.

We get to the clearing and see Lucio still standing where he was before. I nod to him, "Let's go." He smiles and motions for us to follow, heading further into the forest, away from the academy.

Time to make some changes.