Chapter 1: Finally Back

Gelatin's P.O.V.

I never thought that I would be happy to go back to school, but how can I not be? Its been a little less than a year of only talking to my friends on the phone during weekends. Why didn't see them over the summer? Well I had to work at my parent's restaurant. But no more! This week I'm starting my freshman year at OSHS, our local high-school. I can't wait to see all of my friends again! 

As I sat in my bed, organizing my things into my backpack, I noticed a piece of crumpled paper on the floor. I picked it up and looked at it. A smile spread across my face, it was a very bad crayon drawing I did two years ago of me and the person I'm most excited to see! My boyfriend, Donut!  He hasn't texted me back in a few months so I'm really excited to finally talk to him again! 

Just as I had stood up and set the drawing down I heard my phone buzz. I turned and grabbed it off of my pillow, I unlocked it, hoping it was Donut finally getting back to me. It wasn't, but it was a good friend of mine, Firey, texting me.

Firey is online

Hey bro! You ready to finally be a high-schooler toooo?

Gelatin is online

Yeah! I frickin' miss ya guys

no homo tho haha

Pfft k

hey i gotta ask ya somethin

Sure! what is it?

has donut gotten back to you yet?

eh? no? wjy?

why*

oh nvm then

what? cmon man! why ya askin??

if you dont know then im not the one to tell you

i gotta go

bye

Firey is offline

Oh ok

Gelatin is offline

That was an odd interaction. What am I supposed to know? Guess I'll find out in a few days when I see everyone.  I wonder whats going on, I really hope its good. The vibe of Firey's quick exit makes me uneasy, but maybe he just had something really urgent to deal with. I set my phone down and looked at the clock. 9:00 pm. It's getting late, I should go eat something then go to bed, after all, I'm going shopping for new clothes tomorrow and I don't want to be tired!

I left my room and started walking downstairs to the kitchen. As I walked past the living room, I noticed the downstairs computer was on. It was on an old game my brother liked to play, I guess he must've went to the bathroom or something since no one was sat at the desk. I walked into the kitchen to find Jell-o, my brother, sitting on the floor with a bag of shredded cheese in one hand, and the other was over his mouth. The was shredded cheese around.

After a long moment of silence and us staring at each-other, I finally spoke up. "Hey...?" After a second, Jell-o slowly lowered his hand and replied, "hi," through his mouthful of cheese. I walked awkwardly past him to the fridge and grabbed the bag of grapes. "No one gets to know" I whispered, walking back to my room and sitting in my bed.