The Fix

Not long after falling asleep I see stars swarming me, the moon in the distance. The planets circling the sun. The sun. The center of our universe. I'm just one small star in it's path.

I wake up pretty early judging by the amount of light there is. I feel two arms around me gripping my waist, like it's the last time he'll ever see me. Of course I know it's Minho, I can see tears free falling from his tightly shut eyes. I think he's still asleep, I see Seungmin already awake.
-
"Psst! Seungmin."
I try to keep my voice low, not to wake the others.

"Yeah?"

"Does he do this every night?"
He comes to see what I'm talking about.

"Umm. I've never actually seen him cry! Sorry I don't know how to help."
Well there goes plan A.

"It's fine I'll handle it."
-
I debate waking him, I know he needs sleep. We all do. But I hate when people cry around me. As soon as I move to face him his grip tightens. I'm immediately pushed against him, his arms holding me so tight they may leave bruises. I hear him start to mumble in a frightened manner.
-
"Lee know? Hey, you okay?"
No answer.

"Min? Hello?"
Still. No answer.

"Minho!"
I raise my voice slightly, this finally wakes him up.

"Huh? W-what?"
He says not noticing his arms tied around me, the tear stains still marking his cheeks.

"Here, get up."
He does as I ask.

"What where you dreaming about?"
I sit up using the sleeve of his hoodie I wore to sleep to wipe away his tears.

"We where trying to escape, but the guards found us. They took shots. Everyone was okay except for you, you jumped in the way of a bullet headed for me. I-"
He starts crying again.

"Hey, it's okay. I'm still here."
I hug him reassuringly.

     "Y-Y/N... I couldn't live if something happened to you. Please... please don't leave my side."
      I can feel his trembling lips on my shoulder. His tight grip causes my pain to return.

     "Lino. You don't have to ever worry about me leaving. You're my best friend. I could never leave you, I'll stay with you no matter what."

     "Promise?"
      He looks up from my shoulder.

     "I promise!"
      I hold out my pinky, I remember we used to pinky promise on pretty much everything. It brings back good memories. All these years later we're both grown and fighting for our lives to be our own.

     "Haha, are we still doing this?"
      He locks our pinkies together and presses his thumb on against mine.

     "Why not! C'mon we're not that old yet!"

     "Whatever dork."
      He shoves my shoulder lightly.

     "You know you love me Lino!"
      I flash him an overly wide smile. He just rolls his eyes.
-
     Lee Know is the closest thing I've ever had to family. Even when I thought he had left me too he came back right home into my arms. At least I know he only left to protect me.

     Whenever I feel like I'm lost and ready to give up, I look at him and tell myself to keep going. We've both had our share of problems and fights, we always came back to each other. When he left I felt like my whole world imploded, if felt the the earth stopped spinning, like the sun had just brunt out, like all the stars had fallen from the sky.