Chapter 8 🌹

(Edited on 30th March 2020)

The knock at the door startled Kiara for a second. Eliza and Damon were both at work. Then who the hell was knocking on her door. No one besides the three of them and Tyler had the key to the appartment. Moreover, Tyler and Eliza were both at work and would be heading to his beach house which was situated out of town, from work itself. Her heart started to beat fast thinking that she had been graced with the presence of a stranger and the worst scenarios started reeling in her mind.

Seriously Kiara, she murmured to herself, you actually think that if whoever is knocking on the door wanted to harm you, would actually first make you aware of their presence, I think your brain is on holiday.

Thanks to Damon, her inner voice added. She rolled her eyes. Great. She was going crazy talking to herself. The continuous knocking was increasing her fear and she could hear her frantic heartbeats. She quickly placed the book on the seat she was occupying and got up.

She grabbed an empty vase from one of her bookshelves and slowly walked towards the door keeping the sound of her footsteps to the minimum. With a pounding heart, she placed her right hand on the doorknob to open the door, when she heard,

"Kiara are you in there?"

The voice of the person made her let out a sigh of relief but her fear was now replaced by confusion making a frown appear on her forehead. She thought that she was the only one home. She opened the door while making sure that the vase on her left hand was out of sight behind her back. A smile made its way on her face when she saw Damon standing outside her room with a concerned look.

The fact that he might care for her made her happy. She tried not to react like a love sick ignoring the butterflies in her stomach. He was wearing a grey t-shirt and a blue pair of shorts. His outfit was completed with a pair of flip flops. God, is it her or was he looking more handsome than last night, she thought.

I bet if he would appear in front of you in a plastic bag, he would still be the most handsome man on earth, her inner voice remarked snidely.

Oh shush inner voice, I'm sure he looks more handsome in his birthday suit.

As soon as that came in mind her eyes became wide and her cheeks red with embarrassment. She could not believe that she was thinking about something like that especially in his presence. Well it was not like she was all naive and innocent. Yes she was a virgin but she definitely knew how babies were created.

And you would love to create a baby with him, her inner voice said in a dreamy voice.

Kiara mentally shook her head once she realized that she was staring at Damon. If she continued with this staring of hers, he might think that she was in need of a psychiatrist.

"Hey Damon. Sorry, I was in the bathroom." She made an excuse as to why she took so much time to open the door. She refused to tell him about her fear and misunderstanding of earlier thinking of how embarrassing her reaction was to his knocking.

"Uhh I was not aware that you were at home. I thought you were at the hotel."

Damon looked at her intently. He felt that she was being a bit weird and behaving besides her normal self. Her eyes were wide and her cheeks were red indicating that she was either embarrassed or blushing. The fact that Kiara had a crush on him was not hidden from him so he guessed that she was blushing. Little did he know that she had been in love with him for the past four years and that love would never fade but would go strong as the days passed.

Kiara looked at Damon intently waiting for a response. Just as she opened her mouth to repeat herself thinking that he might not have maybe heard her, he said
"I arrived home around noon. Actually Eliza called me asking about you. She has called you a few times but your mobile is off."