Chapter 7 🌹

(Edited on 30th March 2020)

Damon could not take his eyes off the beauty in front of him. The last time he saw her was three years ago at the 31st wedding anniversary party of his parents. He remembered that night so well. That night he had finally taken a step to move on from her by getting "engaged" or so he thought. At that time it was the best decision for him but that did not prevent doubts from making their way in his mind.

Mentally shaking his head to let go of those thoughts, he let his eyes wander down her body taking in the changes she went through. She had lost some weight though she still had her curves. She was more beautiful, her face spotless without any acne or acne spots which she started having when she hit puberty. Nevertheless, those never caused problems for him to develop feelings for her as she was still the most gorgeous girl for him. 

She was dressed in a black tank top and a pair of blue shorts. She looked really gorgeous even without any makeup. It was one of the things that he liked about her. She was all about natural beauty unlike those girls who always chased him; face painted with makeup, fake body and squeaky voice like a mouse. But she was someone simple and real. Damon looked back in her dark brown eyes and got lost in them. However it was not long before they were interrupted.

"Sorry am late. Umm guys..umm am I interrupting something here."
A loud voice said near them.

They both broke their eye contact simultaneously and looked in the direction from where the voice came from. Eliza was standing a few steps away from them. She had both her hands on her hips, a frown etched on her forehead and eyebrows arched. She was holding two bags in each hand containing only she knew what. She looked from Kiara to Damon then back to Kiara. Her eyes had mischief and were twinkling.

"Hey baby sister, it's great to see you. How have you been doing?" 

Damon asked her as he walked towards her to give her a hug.

Eliza looked back at him a big grin on her face. She removed her hands from her hips, placed her shopping bags down and opened her arms wide to accept her brother's hug. After a few seconds, they let go of each other.

"I have been great. What about you?
How was your trip? I'm sorry for coming later than I had said. Last minute shopping."

She replied as she bend a little to pick up her bags and went to place them on the table of the sitting area.

"The trip was good like the usual ones and I have been doing good. Work, home, meetings."

He said shrugging his shoulders, Kiara's face flashing in front of his eyes. He looked towards her where she was standing with her back turned and bend over a drawer searching for something. He needed to make sure that his feelings for her do not resurface. During his stay here, he would avoid her and emerge himself in the project he was here for. He would complete the project in the minimum time possible and return home. He rubbed his hand over his face and let out a sigh.

He doubted if that would be possible. Not the project part but the avoiding her part. They were staying under the same roof. Their paths were bound to cross for sure. But he was determined not to let her affect him in any way that would make him change his mind. He refused to make her choose between him and her father. He was aware of her love and respect for her parents. Even though they were no longer in this world, she would never do something that they would have or had objected to.

While the siblings were having their conversation, Kiara decided to distract herself. She was unwilling to repeat what happened earlier. She could not look at Damon like that again. Or else he would know about her feelings towards him. Did you not just kinda promised yourself that you will make him fall in love with you no matter what, her inner voice said.