Chapter 9 🌹

(Edited on 30th March 2020)

With her heart beating fast, hands sweaty and her whole being filled with hope, she told him
"I am in love with you."

As soon as those six words left her mouth, Damon was shocked. Why he was shocked was unknown to him. He knew about her feelings but hoped that it was no longer the case. He froze on the spot and could not even utter a word. It took him a few minutes to get his bearing and speak more than a word.

"Kiara, umm, I don't know how to say this but,.."
He was aware that his next words will devastate her. He tried to chose his words carefully so as not to hurt her much but he knew that no matter what rejection always hurts.

Kiara was looking at him, fingers crossed that he atleast returned atleast 1% of her feelings but as soon as he started to speak, she knew that it was just wishful thinking.

"You don't feel the same."
She completed.

She tried not to show her pain in her voice but it was not in her control.

"Why did you kiss me then?"
She asked tears streaming down her face.

"It was in the heat of the moment. Ok. I don't love you. You are not my type."
He snapped.

Kiara took a step back hurt by his behaviour. Pain, sadness and hurt gripped her heart. It was like she was being stabbed by a dagger in her heart several times. She understood that her love was one sided but for for him to react like that doubled the pain she was feeling due to his rejection.

Unable to say anything, she ran into the bathroom locking the door. She sat down on the floor no longer able to hold herself on her two feet. She placed her hands on her mouth to muffle the sobs. But she could not. It hurt so much that she thought that this pain would never fade.

Damon could hear her cries from behind the door. He hated himself  for being harsh to her. He wanted to break the bathroom's door and go to her. To take her in his arms and apologise. To tell her that her love was reciprocated. That he wanted to be with her. He wanted to tell her how much in love he was with her. The love that he had burried deep in his heart for her resurfaced at the mere glance of her.

However, he knew that if she learnt that while alive, her father wouldn't have accepted their relationship, it would be of no use telling her that.

She still loved and respected her parents and would never think of doing things that they would never accepted had they been alive. She would be at a cross road between choosing her love for him or the desire to respect her parents' decisions.

Damn it, he thought. Why did she have to say those words. Things were good between them and now it would be awkward. He knew that as from now whenever they would be in each other's presence, there would be this tension lingering around them.

Feeling hurt and guilty, he reluctantly left her room and decided to go to the hotel to do some work so as to distract himself.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

It's been four and a half months since that day. Kiara and Damon have since been avoiding each other. Both of them working late so as not to see each other during dinner. In the morning, Damon would leave early to the hotel while Kiara would wait for him to leave then she would leave her room. If they ever happened to be in the same room, one of them would leave.

Eliza who had returned six weeks  ago did not miss their game of avoiding each other. Whenever she tried to talk to them, they would avoid the conversation either by changing the topic or saying that they had something to do.