Chapter 7

Venessa's POV

"Luca?"

Firstly what the fuck and secondly ... what the fuck? I still haven't turned around, I'm still processing what is happening and I'm also contemplating if I'm either high as shit or seriously in a deep ass dream. I have never been so nervous in my fucking life and I am freaking Venessa de la Cruz the soulless daughter of a mafia freaking leader.

With everything I've got and I mean everything I turn around slowly peeling my eyes from the floor and looking upwards.

Nope, this is real definitely freaking real.

Immediately my eyes are caught into the deep sea of green and blue and feel myself being drawn deeper into those eyes, 8 years and it felt as if I had them memorized. Suddenly not a bus but a whole cargo ship of reality hit me as I realize the whispers around us became louder.

"What the fuck are you doing here Luca," I say in a strained whisper trying desperately to hide behind my locker door.

"Nuh uh uh not Luca it's Hunter Reins and what does it look like i'm doing, I'm going to school," he says with a proud smirk.

He's back? Why?

"Can we not talk here where the ENTIRE school can freaking watch us," I point out to the various confused and curious eyes.

Luca looked around and smirked. Is he freaking enjoying this?

"Ah fuck this, come with me," I say through gritted teeth while literally drag him to behind the school.

"Ow, jeez woman that was some grip," Luca pouted while rubbing his arm.

"Soo... Hunter... why the hell are you here ?" I stood there with my arms folded waiting for an answer and it better be a good one.

"Well, first of all, hello to you too ...Juliet... and Spain was getting a little too boring so mom and I decided to just pop back for a while... I mean I hope that's okay with you."

What? okay with me? boy oh boy if I should shove sarcasm up a dark place I'd do it.

The audacity of this man, he leaves without a word for 8 years and comes back like it's been 5 days. Of course I wasn't okay with it, it bothered me actually but I was not going to let him know that.

I scoff and roll my eyes," Way to go create a scene, what don't  you understand about 'being undercover now ?"

" As far as I know people think Rodrigues' son is either dead or in boarding school or something, in Spain nobody cares who you are but I'm sure you like the attention after all you got a big spotlight on you Vessy ." he tapped my forehead and then leaned on the wall.

"Hey, If I liked the attention dumbass I wouldn't be undercover but guess what I like my privacy too and you just ruined it for me with the stunt you pulled today. Half the school already wants to rip your clothes off and you had to go and talk to the nerd who clearly wanted to stay invisible didn't you," I said with an annoyed scoff.

"Look I'm sorry... wait a minute does that half of school include you too?" he said with a smirk.

"Oh yes Luca I like soo wanna have sex with you right here, right now," I said sarcastically mimicking a valley girl.

"Is that an invitation mi amor ?"

"Pshh you wish"

"A man could only dream," he said with a sigh.

I rolled my eyes for what seemed like the millionth time before hearing the glorious wailing noise that is the bell.

"Look let's just walk in there and act like it never happened okay?" he said putting his hands up in defence. I looked up at Luca and gave him the 'whatever' look before walking away leaving him behind.