Chapter 28- No Time, No Space, Just Me...

AND HERE IT IS... THE BIG REVEAL. NOT GONNA SAY ANYTHING ;). ENJOY!!!

~~~~~~~

ALLISON'S P.O.V.

After walking through the large room, the only things surrounding us being filing cabinets and the occasional table, we finally come to something different...

A door.

This door is very unusual. It's made of individual slabs of metal, all in which have parts of Circular Gallifreyan engraved on them. One is missing.

It looks like one of those puzzles that no one ever could figure out in their video games...

It takes Cita a while to get the pieces in place, which make me think that she hasn't been in here for a while, but soon enough she finishes the puzzle.

The message the door brings might still confuse me a little, but I know it brings bad luck. Many years ago, even before she had regenerated, Cita made that very clear.

I hear Cita take a deep breath before slowly stepping inside the room. Rio and I follow.

What's inside the room thoroughly shocks me.

Two more freaking filing cabinets...

However, these cabinets aren't digital. They are simply the kind of fling cabinet you might see in someone's office around the 2000's on Earth.

The filing cabinets are marked, not with a number, but another worrying message.

Going over to the cabinet on the right, Cita yanks it right out of the wall and places it on the table that is in the middle of the room.

There's not a lot inside. Just a few folders. A few very familiar folders, one I know, contains a list of names.

I expect Cita to start looking through the folders, but she doesn't. She just leans against the table and stares at the folders.

----CITA'S P.O.V.----

My people fought a race called the daleks, for the sake of all creation...

I walked away from the last great Time War...

and we lost...

I saw the birth of the universe...

Everyone lost...

and watched as time ran out...

Moment by moment until nothing remained...

No time...

No space...

Just me...

I've walked in universes where the laws of physics were devised by the mind of a mad man...

I have seen things you wouldn't believe...

I have lost things you will never understand...

And I know things...

Secrets that must never be told...

Knowledge that must never be spoken...

I had one job. One fucking job, and I failed. I was supposed to keep the people I cared about out of this, but I just ended up reeling them in.

The Doctor will never be able to trust me again. The Master will not want to see my presence. Donna won't be by my side...

Everything must turn to dust...

"Why did I do this?" I said out loud, knowing that my co-workers wouldn't answer.

"Why would I mess with something that was perfectly fine without me?"

"Why did I have to be so damn selfish?" My voice echoed through the small room.

Maybe it's time...

Sighing, I grab one of the folders and begin to flick through it until I found what I was looking for.

A list of people. I look through the list that Allison and I had made many years ago. I half heartily laughed at how many people were missing from the list.

But I was right about two things...

"Looks like you guys are in for a lot of trouble," I direct towards Allison and Rio, giving them a sympathetic look.

Allison chooses this time to ask the question I've been dreading.

"So are we right? You know, about what's going to happen. All those years ago when we made that list of people, were we right?"

I sigh.

There's no point in hiding it. We've been preparing for this for hundreds of years, but we're still not prepared. We don't know what we're up against.

"Yeah, we were right."

I look back down at the list, at the very top.

*The Doctor

*The Master

*Cita

We're in this together. Us, and everyone else in the universe. We fight for one thing. Our freedom. But last time, we lost.

This time, however, I'm working with it instead of against it.

"The Final Great Time War approaches..."

and there really is... No Way Out...

~~~~~~

OMFG!!! I HAVE HAD THIS PLANNED FOREVAH AND JUST OMG... YA'LL ARE GONNA FILP OUT IN THE COMMENTS AREN'T YOU? YEAH, I CAN SEE IT COMING...

VOTE, COMMENT, AND BE AN EVIL STARFISH...

--EVIL STARFISH OUT--