27

I banged on the doors with my fists, stupidly hoping they would open. My hands grew sore and my knuckles began to bleed. Tears rained down my cheeks as I had realized that I had lost my lost my love and my leader. My pounding got weaker and someone grabbed my wrists. "Please stop (Y/N). You're hurting yourself." It was Chuck. His voice was hoarse from crying and my reaction wasn't helping him. I don't know why he's not screaming and crying, he lost someone too. Him and Thomas were like brothers, even if they had only known each other for a few days.

I stopped pounding on the doors. Chuck tried to hug me but I pushed him away rather roughly. "Don't touch me!" I gritted through my teeth. Chuck's expression changed to one of fear and Newt had walked up behind him, glaring daggers at me. I looked back a Chuck. "I'm sorry, I don't know how to handle this." He took my hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. Newt took Chuck away and that caused the rest of the Gladers to follow, even Kurt, who didn't bother to look at me.

I walked to the tool shed and set everything up for a bonfire. Frypan and Gally knew what I was doing and decided to help me, even if it meant getting yelled at by Newt. It's not like he would notice, he was trying to put Chuck to sleep. After what happened that would be nearly impossible. After half an hour we were done setting up and I went to get Newt and Chuck.

I walked into his room and saw them both crying. They looked towards me and I smiled weakly. "Come on, were having a bonfire." Newt look a bit aggravated that we didn't talk to him about it first but I didn't care. We all needed this, after all we did just lose three people. I won't except that and I don't think Chuck will either, I can see it in his eyes. We walked over to the unlit fire and they sat down. The rest of the keepers stood around the fire waiting for my signal. "Keepers!" I shouted as I stood on a box and began singing.

Cover my eyes
Cover my ears
Tell me these words are a lie
It can't be true
That I'm losing you
The sun cannot fall from the sky

Can you hear heaven cry
The tears of an angel

Stop every clock
Stars are in shock
The river would run to the sea
I won't let you fly
I won't say goodbye
I won't let you slip away from me

Can you hear heaven cry
The tears of an angel

So hold on
Be strong
Everyday hope will grow
I'm here, don't you fear

Little one don't let go
Oh
Don't let go
Oh
Don't let go
Oh

Cover my eyes
Cover my ears
Tell me these words are a lie

The Glade was in tears that night. We sat around for a bit till we decided to go to bed. I walked to the doors and laid down. Chuck had joined me at some point complaining that he couldn't sleep. "It's okay Chuck, Minho knows the maze like the back of his hand and Thomas is too stubborn to die." Chuck laughed at my words and we both fell asleep against the doors.