The Proposal

Jack and Isaac sat near each other as they heard the mumbling whispers amongst Ellena and Ronald. They could barely make out what they were saying, but Jack thought he heard the word proposal. They were so eager to find out exactly what was going on, but they were forbidden to take off their blindfolds.

"Are they going to propose to us," whispered Jack.

"To be honest Jack, I don't know. Ellena and I had the weirdest conversation tonight," responded Isaac.

"About?"

"Well, it was about you and me being friends. She was basically saying that we were going to have to spend less time together."

"What? That is total bullshit," shouted Jack.

Ellena and Ronald turned and stared at the two of them. They knew that there was no way they were going to be able to separate them.

"Well, it looks like y'all will be moving in with us," said Ronald.

"Yeah, I kind of wanted our own space though," responded Ellena.

"My house is huge. Y'all will have your own space. I doubt if Jack will have time to be in Isaac's face twenty-four seven."

"What's taking y'all so long," growled Jack.

"Somebody sounds impatient," giggled Ronald, "Give us just a second honey."

"Isaac, I'm not about to wait," said Jack, as he snatched off his blindfold.

Isaac followed seconds later. They starred at Ellena and Ronald but couldn't see what the surprise was about.

"So y'all just brought us out here for nothing," pouted Isaac, followed by Jack.

Ellena and Ronald just giggled amongst themselves. They were trying to make things fun, exciting, and mysterious; but instead, they were making things complicated and frustrating.

"What are y'all hiding," growled Jack.

"Nothing, baby. It's just a surprise," replied Ronald.

"Well, we're sick of the bullshit out of you and Ellena. Just show us the damn surprise before we find out the hard way," growled Isaac.

"Well, guy damn, I knew you were tough, but I didn't know you had that in you. The surprise is that we'll be heading home tomorrow."

"That's not a surprise," argued Jack.

"Ronald, you have a feisty one," giggled Ellena.

"Where's the surprise? Quit playing around."

Ellena and Ronald looked at each other, as they pulled out a jewelry box. Isaac and Jack looked at each other and stared in awe. They didn't know what the meaning of this was, but Jack felt like it was a marriage proposal.

"To my loving fiancé Jack," said Ronald, while Ellena said, "To my loving fiancé Isaac."

Jack and Isaac began running around in circles tripping on each other's feet in the soft sand.

"Jack, I can't believe they're proposing to us," exclaimed Isaac.

"I can't either. I don't know whether I want to take it or not."

"What do you mean, Jack? Of course, you should take it. Why wouldn't you? It's not like that you'll be able to mingle with anybody else."

"I don't know Isaac, I just don't want to risk it."

"You're not risking anything. What are you so scared of? Besides, didn't you tell me it was your dream to be married to somebody who loved you just the way you were."

"Yeah, but I really don't have feelings for Ronald."

"Look Jack, you may not have feelings for him, but the more you be around him you'll begin to get those feelings for him. So, just take the ring please."

"Jack," called Ronald.

"Yes," said Jack hesitantly.

"I brought you on this vacation for you to get to know me better. I also wanted you to feel more comfortable around me. I know that you don't really trust people, but I want you to know that you can trust and confide in me. Every since I first saw you online, I knew that you were meant to be mine. I haven't even met you, and when I did meet you I just wanted you at first sight."

Jack couldn't hold back his tears any longer. Jack instantly fell to his knees and cried because this was the most sincerest thing that he's ever heard from a man. He couldn't get his brain wrapped around what Ronald just said to him. Ronald reached down and stood Jack up by his right hand and began to place the ring on his finger. Ronald then kissed Jack slightly on the lips. Ronald pressed Jack into a bear hug and kissed his forehead. Jack enjoyed the comfort he felt in his arms.

When Ellena pulled out Isaac's ring. Isaac swung around her neck and didn't really know how to act.

"Ellena, I knew you were up to something," exclaimed Jack.

"I told you, I'm full of surprises for you," replied Ellena, as she kissed Isaac's lips.

"We're going to be one big happy family," said Ronald, as he beckoned them to the taxi.

They drove to the hotel and awaited the time for them to fly back home. The next morning, they caught an airplane back to where they were from. Isaac and Jack were relieved to be back but wasn't expecting what was prepared once they made it home.