12

^this is the mystery guy from the last chapter.
(Or at least who I imagine him as. But you can obviously imagine him as whoever)

It was the third week of school and homecoming was coming up. I had yet to buy a dress or a ticket, but honestly it wasn't a big deal.

Homecoming would probably be the same as usual: sweaty, drunk teenagers wildly dancing in a hot ass gym.

That didn't mean it would suck. Just that my feet would probably tired by the end of the night and my makeup would be smudged.

I was obviously going with my friends some of who had dates.

Harry was obviously going with Paige, Liam had asked a girl named Casey who seemed pretty nice, Ellie got asked by a hot blonde, Ryan, and Hailey was going with Shawn.

As for Bella, Niall, Louis, and I, we decided we would make our own fun and huddle up together during the slow dances.

"Take a few minutes to read the passage and underline the diction you see." Mrs. Wright tells my AP Language class as she places them on our desks.

I take out my pencil and start marking away as I move through the passage, tapping my pencil as I go. I feel a tap on my shoe and look up to see Harry eyeing me. I raise my eyebrows at him and he points to something on my paper.

I move my gaze to the far corner and see what looks to be tik tak toe. I lift my head back up and give him a look before I take my pencil and draw an 'X' in the center.

Harry smirks and shakes his head, whispering "typical" and I motion for him to continue. He puts an 'O' on one of the corners and when I hear mrs. Wright walking near us I shove his hand away and use my hand to cover up the part.

Harry licks his lips together and tries to hide a smile that doesn't do any justice and when she leaves I return my hand. When I look back at the corner I roll my eyes at Harry when I realize that there's an 'O' on either side of the first one he put in the corner.

"Cheating I see." I say quietly to him, putting my chin in my hand.

"It's not my fault you weren't paying attention to your opponent." He replies and I shake my head, listening back when I hear the teacher talking again.

When we start an essay and take out laptops I take it as a chance to check my phone and I see I have a bunch of messages from the group chat I have the the girls.

Bella: GUYS GUESS WHAT I JUST SAW

Ellie: WHAT??

Hailey: ?

Bella: okay I'm not officially sure but I could have sworn i saw Paige come out of the boys bathroom with some sophomore behind her

I furrow my eyebrows at the text but continue to keep reading.

Hailey: wait, hold up

Ellie: why am I not surprised tho

Bella: Ikr!

Bella: but then again I'm not exactly sure what they were doing or how long they were in there

Ellie: I mean...true

Ellie: I don't wanna come to assumptions