CH 9: My old friends become ex's again

a/n: tw for alcohol/drugs and cheating.

brendon 's pov

i sighed. two months fully clean and sober. hard to do, but i did it. maybe one drink wouldn't hurt?

yes, it would hurt. badly.

one drink would hurt. it would hurt a lot. because one leads to two, two leads to three, and three leads to six, and six leads to fucking someone up in the ass or physically.

i can't deal with the fucking stress.
pete's been texting me like a needy ex girlfriend, and breezy has been asking for me to go with her consistently.

i let out an anxious strangled groan and got up. dallon wasn't home, he was at work. i wrote a note saying i was 'going out with a friend' when i was really going out for a drink.

bars are a little less crowded during the day, so it'll be easier to just drink away.

i get halfway to the bar when i hear a car screech to a halt behind me. wait, shit, what time is it?

12:26 PM, my phone read.

and fuck how had i not seen that? dallon had been coming home for his lunch break recently to share his company with me. it was nice, to be honest.

"babe?" i heard from behind me. double fuck. he ran up behind me and hugged me tightly. the bar was just 10 yards away. fuck my luck, huh?

"why hun? i know your intentions for going down this way, especially with a bar thats less than 50 feet away from you." he explained. i sighed and shook a little.

he caught me, and i hate being caught, so triple fuck. he slowly shuffled to the car, buckling me into the front passenger seat. i smiled and sighed softly.

at least he's looking out for me, right?

we drove back to the house and he got up and unlocked the door. he ushered me inside and hugged me after locking the door. i smiled into the embrace and hugged him back.

he pulled away from the embrace, looking in my eyes before kissing me a bit roughly. it was nice though. it felt like i was his, even if it didn't show.

i smiled when he got off, he was just smiling like an idiot. a sweet, caring, smart idiot.

He led me to the couch and we ate lunch. he asked how my day was and made small talk. we watched half an episode of criminal minds before he went back to work.

i have around 4 1/2 hours before he gets off work, and 5 hours until he gets hone because of 5:00 traffic. i could go to a bar.

i decided to and headed out. i knew dallon was already at work, so i was in the clear. i headed in knowing what i wanted and how shit-faced i wanted- almost needed- to be.

after about two hours in the bar, an old ex of mine comes in. his name was michael. i hated him when we were together.

but, fuck it. i'll take what i can get, right?

he confronts me and we start talking. we went to the dirty and dark ass bathrooms and made out for a while. he pushed me into the single stall.

at 3:00 i finally left, going back to our house by sneaking through the back door. i locked it once i got in and pulled the bedroom curtains open. just to not scare dallon.

what? i'm not that big of an asshole.

i laid in bed for the remainder of the time without dallon, hoping to sober up a bit. it didn't work. well, not a lot. oh well.

he unlocked the front door and announced he was home, closing and locking the door. i smiled lazily. he walked around, looking for me. he sighed.

"hon, i can smell the alcohol from here. how much did you have to drink?" he asks. i smiled.

"a little. i know i promised to stay sober, but.... stress?" he looked at me and smiled sadly. he looked into my eyes and sat down at the side of the bed.

"at least your not crazy drunk, right?" he asked. i nodded. he sighed, put his bag at the door. "just tipsy" i said with a slight smile.

this would be a fun sobering process.

a/n:
hiiiii
sorry its been so long
kinda stuck and i have school
sooooooo
word count: 755