CHAPTER SIX

I woke up to bright sun rays filtering through the window. There was an infusion pump hanging from a stand to my left and a needle in my left hand. There was a bandage on my shoulder and tummy where I had been cut. I tried getting up and screamed in pain. I laid back down.

My knee was still hurting excruciatingly. The whole incident of the previous night came flooding back into my head.

"Doctor said you lost a pretty amount of blood. You should rest and shouldn't try getting up soon as your leg's condition's still pretty bad."

I followed the direction of the voice. There was the short annoying cab man of the previous day, sitting by the bedside.

"Oh my God, what are you doing here, man? Where am I by the way?"

"If that's how you say your thanks, you're welcome. You're at the hospital, I brought you here. I'm Marlo."

"You're the one that came in the car?"

"Yes. Let's just say I had a feeling, a compulsion, to go after you. No one has ever come back from that place alive."

"And you took us there anyway?"

"I tried to warn you. Cocky, you were."

"Oh, man." I held my head in my hand, tired and frustrated. "What about the tall brutish man? Where did he go?"

"What man?"

"The man with the axe standing above me, of course."

"I saw nobody, just your body lying on the ground unconscious."

"But there was a man. A monster. Was about to give me a death blow the moment you came."

"Well, just be grateful you're alive."
I thought about Danny, then about mum. Everything that has happened within the last twenty-four hours seemed so surreal. I began to feel very weak and suddenly everything became dark. It must be my eyesight failing. "Marlo, can you please turn on the light?"

Silence.

I turned towards where Marlo was sitting. He wasn't there. I struggled to sit up and look around the dark room. There behind me i could see the jarring teeth of the hideous monster, his axe in his hand...

THE END

Victory H. Izevbekhai
©2017

Author's Note:
Plagiarism is evil. Please do not copy my work as we are all here to read and write and have fun. Thanks for reading.