Reading "003"

Athena cleared her throat and started.

Nico had done his best to ignore the green-eyed demigod for the past week. It was honestly killing him. Either way, he just pushed Percy out of his mind and tried his hardest to only think of Will. It was late now and Will and Nico were sitting in a supply closet.

The two had barely even kissed since the...incident...and right now they were just sitting, not talking, Nico focusing on his shoes. Nico looked up for half a second and saw Will tentatively looking at some paperwork, filling it out.

Nico looked for a while longer, looking at the face Will would make when he messed up. Nico gave a slight smile, followed instantly by a frown. How could he have done that to him?

Will dropped the stack of papers in his hand, causing Nico to jump. "What is wrong with you lately?" He snapped.

Nico shrugged. "I don't know, honestly..."

Will looked at his boyfriend. "You're not cutting again, are you?" He asked in a low voice.

Everyone's eyes snapped to Nico, bet then to Percy, as they braced for Percy's reaction.

Surprisingly, Percy didn't say anything. He just looked down at his lap. The people closest to him -- Annabeth and Nico -- could see his eyes start to water.

Athena gave a sad smile towards Nico.

"NO!" Nico exclaimed quickly. "No, not at all, just, honestly, I've been feeling...sluggish..."

Will looked at Nico. "Give me your hand," Will held out his hand, waiting for Nico to put his in it.

"If you're going to check my wrists--" Nico began, holding his hand close to his chest.

Percy's breath shook as he exhaled.

"No, don't be stupid, I just--give me your hand,"

Nico rolled his eyes but placed his hand in Will's any way. Will clasped his other hand around Nico's pale one. A concentrated look became plastered onto his face.

"That's...weird," The blonde mumbled, Nico pulled his hand away, could he sense the fact that he had an affair, it didn't make sense, but they hadn't had sex in the last week, but Nico had, could Will tell? No, Nico was being ridiculous.

"What's weird?" Nico asked, hiding his panic.

"I don't know, it's weird, I was trying to see what was wrong, so maybe I could help you, but...I don't know it's weird,"

"Yeah, I guess so," Nico smiled weakly before leaning his head against the wall. His skin was finally clear of all marks from that night. Yet, he still thought about if time to time. How did people casually cheat on people? This had been haunting Nico for forever. He wished he could ask Percy how he was handling all of it, but he couldn't. That would lead to even more problems.

"How exactly?" Annabeth asked. Nico shrugged.

"Whatever it is, try and get better, okay?"

Nico smiled weakly. Will picked the papers back up and started to sign them. Nico started to pick at his nails, trying to think of anything else besides the thought that was vigorously bouncing around his mind.

Things hadn't been much better for Percy. He wasn't able to look at Annabeth without getting sad, and he didn't know why. He felt bad, but that shouldn't stop him from wanting to smile and laugh with Annabeth.

Annabeth was currently reading, her head on Percy's chest as he was absentmindedly stroking her hair. After heaving a sigh Annabeth closed the book. She turned around and propped her head off her boyfriend's chest and looked into his eyes.