Part 13

The Collector's coming to Wakanda. You couldn't believe Peter pulled it off. You smiled to yourself as you hiked along the worn down path through the rainforest. You needed some fresh air to clear your head. This whole situation between Peter confused you. Should you be mad at him? Should you not be? You didn't know what to do or how to feel.

A branch snapped behind you forcing hair to rise up on the back of your neck. You stopped to peek over your shoulder, but no one was there. You shrugged it off as you continued down the worn path. This country was beautiful. With the birds chirping and nature thriving it was a refreshing sight to see, especially when you only saw skyscrapers and concrete. You stopped to take a breath when someone wrapped an arm around your waist and covered your mouth with a rag. You tried to scream as you scratched at the arm, but it was no use. The muscles in your body grew limp as your mind became fuzzier right before everything went black.

Your mind slowly returned to consciousness as you tried to piece together what happened. You got jumped in the forest and now someone was dragging your limp body along until they stopped. Opening your eyes there was nothing but a black cloth. Why do bad guys always use the color black? Is it a rule in the criminal handbook? All of a sudden the ground began shaking beneath your feet and you heard clapping close by. You focused on the clapping until you heard someone's voice. Peter's voice.

"No! I brought you here and told you where it was. I'm not going in the tunnel."

"Let's see if I can change your mind, shall we? Retch," the unknown voice called. The man holding you, assuming it was Retch, grabbed your arm and put it over his shoulder dragging you along. He came to a quick stop putting you on your knees and ripped the cloth off over your head.

You squinted your eyes as they adjusted to the light. Peter, Meredith, The Collector, Korath, Ronan, Retch, and two other men you have never seen before stood around the room. Your eyes settled on the pillar and beside it laid the necklaces broken open with the stones ripped out. The Infinity Stones were set in the grooves on the pillar granting access to a secret passageway. "What the fuck?

"Welcome, YN. It is wonderful to finally meet you in person." The Collector walked over taking your hand and lifting you off the ground. You stood up narrowing your eyes at him before he placed his lips on your hand. You pulled your hand from his and looked around the room.

Peter glared at him with a clenched jaw almost like he wanted to kill him. Meredith still looked beautiful even though she was sickly. Her skin was pale, and she had dark circles surrounding her eyes. It was nice to see her still putting up a fight and not letting cancer take control of her life."

Your eyes traveled to The Collector wearing his fur coat from the last time you saw him. "What's your game, man?" You asked with pursed lips.

He chuckled. "All in good time, my dear. You're here because Peter has a soft spot for you and I need to use it against him. So you're going into the tunnel–" he pointed at the dark hole in the wall "–and you're helping my men retrieve the Soul Stone."

"The hell I am, I don't have to do a thing you say!"

"Hmmm.... I can see why Peter is so taken with you," The Collector smirked at your outburst.

"I'll go if she can stay here," Peter interjected, trying to come to a reasonable solution. He made eye contact with you as if he was telling you everything was going to be alright.

"Now what would be fun about that? You're both going. Ronan take her with you." The guy wearing an excessive amount of blue grabbed your arm pulling you towards the tunnel.

"Get your hands off me, assface. I got legs, I can walk myself," you glared and Ronan released you. He hands you a flashlight making his way into the tunnel. You stand at the entrance taking a deep breath before walking in.