Part 14

You hit the ground hard and turned around noticing Peter wasn't moving. "Peter," you croaked, crawling over to him. "Peter!" You start to shake him forcing him to let out a groan. "Oh, thank god," you breathed, resting your head on his chest.

"Calm down, sweetheart. I'm fine, it's not like I got shot or anything," Peter chuckled, making his chest vibrate. He places his hand on your back slowly rubbing up and down. You turned your head on his chest to see Peter grinning at you. "Cutting it a little close, don't you think?" Peter piped up with his eyes drifting from yours to the doorway. You whipped your head around to see Gamora and Kraglin with Ronan laying on the ground dead. Wait. What? How?

"Sorry. The Collector and his Trinkets were a squirmy group to get their cuffs on, but it's done. At least the two of you did good with distracting Ronan," Gamora replied, holstering her weapon. Kraglin walked over to Ronan kicking his leg to make sure he was dead.

"I'm good at improv. Thought about a dance-off, but decided on a different route," Peter replied, standing up and reaching down to help you up off the ground.

"What the fuck happened? You arrested The Collector and his minions. How did you two get in here?" You asked, staring at them with narrowed eyes.

"Did you forget about Peter's earpiece?" Your eyes widened as it dawned on you. "All the way here he was telling us what to watch out for and what path to take. As for The Collector, T'Challa helped us out like he promised," Gamora smiled, walking over to the paintings nodding at them with approval. You tilted your head sorting through her explanation before something dawned on you.

"Peter, you're a fucking idiot," You turned toward him, poking him in the chest. "Why would you push me out of the way? You could've died. And why didn't you tell me the plan?"

"Sucks to be in the dark doesn't it," he teased. "As for pushing you out of the way, I wanted to make sure I could do this again." He put your hands on your hips and pulled you close to him. He leaned down and kissed you, again. His lips were intoxicating against yours like he was the perfect drink you didn't want to set down. You leaned into him wrapping your arms around his neck pulling him in closer. He moaned in your mouth sending a shock up your spine and goosebumps to your skin. This time this kiss wasn't going to be your last.

Kraglin cleared his throat from beside you forcing you two apart. "Why don't we put some pressure on that wound, so you don't bleed out."

"Wound....what wound?" You pulled away from Peter to see his shirt sleeve covered in crimson red. "Peter your arm is bleeding." Lifting his shirt sleeve, your eyes flashed to the small bullet wound on his upper bicep.

"Huh...would you look at that? That blue bastard shot me." He rotated his bicep to get a better look at it. "It doesn't even hurt."

"It's the adrenaline, but once it wears off you'll be a world of hurt. And from the looks of it, you still have the bullet lodged in there," Kraglin said, examining his arm.

Kraglin hands you a clean cloth and a small bottle of vodka from his bag. You cleaned the wound as best you could and tied the cloth snug around his bicep. Peter watches you the whole time unable to can't keep the adoring smile off his face. You rolled your eyes tying the last knot to hold him over until we get him to a hospital.

"Do you want to see this necklace? I mean, we did come all this way." Kraglin asked, standing next to the pillar and the goblet.

"He's right, we did come all this way," you agreed with a shrug. "We should at least check it out."

"I agree with my girl." Peter nudged you on the arm.

"You're all are idiots. Valkyrie wanted this stone locked away. She knows what this stone is capable of and I don't think it's a good idea to mess with something we don't understand."