prologue

"He needs you. That's very me. "

"But it's better than that, though. Don't you see what he's trying to give you? Tell her. Go on. "

" I look like him and I think like him. Same memories, same thoughts, same everything. Except I've only got one heart. "

"Which means? "

"I'm part human. Specifically, the aging part. I'll grow old and never regenerate. I've only got one life, Rose Tyler. I could spend it with you, if you want. "

" You'll grow old at the same time as me? "

"Together. "

(The Tardis time motor revs.)

" We've got to go. This reality is sealing itself off for ever. "

"But, it's still not right, because the Doctor's still you. "

"And I'm him. "

" All right. Both of you, answer me this. When I last stood on this beach, on the worst day of my life, what was the last thing you said to me? Go on, say it. "

" I said, Rose Tyler. "

" Yeah, and how was that sentence going to end?"

"Does it need saying? "

"And you, Doctor? What was the end of that sentence? "

~

All he said were three words, the three words that have never been spoken, but were so obviously always there.

With that she pulled him down for a kiss, finally realizing she wanted this too. A nice and normal life, no complications. with the man she loved.

Once they separated the tardis had already dematerialized. they were alone, of course with the exception of Jackie. The doctor pulled her into a tight hug, knowing she'd be hurting.

"You still wear it." Rose said tearfully, while looking at the circle of gold that wrapped around his finger as a symbol of love.

"Yeah course I do, have been ever since our wedding day"

"How'd you get it though? I mean the way Donna described, when you first appeared you were naked." She questioned blushing at the word.

"He gave it to me, or I guess I gave it to myself." The metacrisis Said chuckling slightly at his joke.

"You're really still you?" His flower questioned suddenly looking a bit worried.

"Im still me" he said with a wide smile, while looking at the love of his life.

The doctor took rose's hand in his own as Pete Tyler's jeep pulled up ready to take them back home.

"Let's go, I have someone I want you to meet." She said, her mood suddenly changed from worried and unsure to happy and in love.

"Allons-y" he agreed as the half human counterpart held her hand tighter as they ran to the jeep like children.