chapter 1

As the car drove home, the couple talked for hours about everything they've done over the last two years, most of it ended in kissing. Althought there was one important detail rose chose to keep to herself.

~

As the car pulled in the doctor got out and walked around it to hold the door open for his lady, like a gentleman should.

"Come on, I want you to meet her" Rose said like she had been talking about her the whole trip.

"What's her name?" the doctor asked conversationally.

"Ruby" she said proudly.

There was something about the name that just gave it a certain glow, something he loved, something Rose about it.

"Who is she" the doctor questioned, obvious the wheels were turning in his head.

"A little girl who's been waiting too long to meet her father" his flower said sincerely. Her eyes said I love you, so did her lips as he pulled her in for a passionate kiss. He didn't want to think about this too much, or he'd probably be let down. Once they separated she took his hand and showed him the way inside.

"Ruby! I'm home" Rose announced, still smiling as she opened the front door and walked inside, with a hopeful doctor following her.

A little girl about 2 1/2 years old came running to where the couple were. She had beautiful blond hair like Rose, and the doctors chocolate brown eyes. Ruby had on a pink flowery dress, and a mini trench coat just like the one the doctor always wears.

"Mommy" Ruby screamed as she ran straight into Rose's arms. The doctor started crying of happiness, as the reality struck him.

"Ruby, say hi to daddy" Rose said lovingly, facing her daughter towards her father for the first time.

"Daddy" the little girl screamed as her face lit up.

The doctor sat down and wrapped her in a tight hug. He looked up at Rose with so much love he could barely stop himself from crying. This was the life he want- needed. With the love of his life... And his daughter. Nothing could make him happier.