chapter 3

"Come on sweetie, time for dinner" rose said to her daughter.

Rose then picked up ruby and carried her to the kitchen with a smiling doctor right behind them. Once Rose put Ruby in her highchair, she went to go get her food while the doctor sat down next to the toddler. Her half human half alien started making silly faces trying to, and succeding to make their child to laugh.

Rose came back over to the table holding little cut up pieces of chicken, and peas obviously made for the baby. Once she finished eating Rose and the doctor were also very peckish with the abnormal day they've had.

"I was thinking, maybe we could go out. I mean make your first day here special" Rose said with a loving tone in her voice.

"Could...could we maybe order in? I really want to spend more time with you, and ruby. Also this has been the most special day in my life, I love you both so much." The doctor said, as he cupped Rose's face. Each of his words coming from his heart.

The couple both leaned in for a kiss, one so emotional and sentient that neither could bare to pull away. They only separated when Ruby dropped some silverware left on the table, making a distracting sound as it hit the floor. Both let out a quiet laugh as they exhaled while watching ruby looking over the highchair and seeing what she dropped.

"You know." Rose said her voice slightly descending with each word.

"What?" He said curiously, since she stopped in mid sentence.

"Its just this seems like the kind of life we were talking about under that black hole, you looked like you didn't want it." she said slightly biting her lip once she finished talking.

"I don't want this life... I need it. I need you Rose, I need Ruby, I need a house with doors, windows, and carpets.I was just nervous about telling you that then cause I thought you didn't want it, I didn't think you liked me the-" he was cut off by another kiss. Once again it was emotional and sentient like all of their kisses. Except this time she was the one that pulled away.

"Before you finish that sentence I don't just like you, I love you, and I always have." Rose said lovingly, her eyes welling up with tears.

"Rose Tyler, I love you" her doctor replied and tried to pull her in for a kiss, but before he got the chance Ruby started singing the wheels on the bus. The doctor and Rose laughed then he looked at her with curious eyes.

"I, um taught it to her on a car trip" she said laughing as she exhaled.

"Of course you did" he said while looking at her lovingly.

"Mommy I want to play outside!"Ruby chimed in swiftly.

"Maybe tomorrow its already dark out, and either way its time for you to go to bed. Rose said persuasively.

"Im not tired" ruby whined

"Do you know how long you've been up for?" Rose questioned with a mothering tone, in which Ruby just shrugged her shoulders at. "Exactly mommy knows best. now get in bed, daddy and I will be in there in a second to kiss you goodnight."

A warm rush spread through out the doctors body as he heard Rose refer to him as ‘daddy’. In his eyes she was the best mother a child could have, it was obvious Ruby loved her mother.

"Okay mommy." Ruby answered finally defeated, but before she left the room she put a soft kiss on both her parents cheeks.

Just a few minutes later the couple checked on their daughter who was already fast asleep. They decided they should just go to bed, so they spent the night talking and snuggling until they both dozed off.