t h i r t y - n i n e

2 Weeks Later

After telling her mother and father that she and her friends had decided they would go to visit London, the tickets were immediately booked and hotels were found and ultimately, the group was ready for their trip. The group was unable to take Phoebe's grandma's taxi, much to her disappointment, considering there were 8 of them, so they took taxis to JFK airport.

The 8-hour flight seemed to drag on, with Chandler asleep of Lily's shoulder, Rachel bickering about how she was bored, Joey being like an excited child. Phoebe testing Ross on his knowledge and putting her thoughts and views in and Monica snoring overly loudly. When getting off the plane, through the airport and outside, a car and a driver holding a 'Liliana, Charlie and friends' card, knowing her parents had already planned it all out as a way to wanting her to stay in London.

The group piled into the people carrier van, with everyone making noises of 'oo's' when seeing sights when driving by sights. It was then the group pulled up outside a great white house, with pillars surrounding the front, and gravel creating a landscape of their garden. Stepping out the car, Lily reflected on what this place meant to her.

"What is this place ey? It's not Buckingham Palace is it?" Joey asked as Chandler rolled his eyes. "No Joe, it's not Buckingham Palace, actually where are we?" He asked, looking questioningly at Lily, who sighed.

"This is where I grew up," she breathed as Monica turned to Rachel, "looks like you aren't the only rich one Rach."

"We have so much to catch up on," Rachel squealed, almost enjoying the fact that she could relate to by being brought up with wealthy parents. It was then the door opened, revealing Lily's mother and father, who seemed overly and quite frankly suspiciously excited to welcome them.

"Darling! You're all finally here, how delightful!" She exclaimed, hugging her daughter tightly, as Chandler held Charlie. Lily's arms, though not being able to move from her sides, tried to push her mother slightly away, allowing her to breathe.

"Yes, hello mother." Lily smiled slightly, as her mother then looked at her, putting on another fake smile.

"Well my dear, you look older, the wrinkles tell me so." Lily's mother laughed, though being serious at the same time. "Are you going to the gym?" She asked as Lily believed that for once her mother was complimenting her.

Lily smiled, "actually I haven't much but-" Amelia interrupted her. "Yes well I thought as much," she told her daughter patting a small part of her stomach, making Lily huff in annoyance to think that her mother may have have been complimenting her. Luckily, her father, Harrison, saw this look of disappointment and annoyance on his daughter's face and complimented her.

Walking over to her, he smiled. "Well I think you look beautiful, my dear, you always have." He told her, making her smile and wrap her arms around him.

"Hello dad," she sighed in contentment, happy that finally, she could see the family member who supported her in something and she could relate to. He then turned his attention towards his granddaughter, whom he instantly adored. "Well if it isn't the newest addition to the George's, aren't you beautiful, just like your mother." He said sweetly, whilst stroking her cheek lovingly. He then took her out of Chandler's hands, much to his dismay and began hugging his granddaughter whom he had not yet met for the 5 1/2 months she had been welcomed into the world.

Lily's mother then turned her attention onto Chandler, "well then, you must be Challis I presume." She asked him, getting his name wrong, making Lily once again roll her eyes.

Chandler looked at Lily questioningly, as she just shrugged in response. "Uh, it's Chandler, ma'am, but you know, easy mistake." He said sarcastically yet in a somewhat polite way. Meanwhile, the others began silently laughing, knowing the name 'Challis' would be a new favorite to use against Chandler in the future.

"Yes well," Amelia huffed. "Let's go inside, shall we? Much to catch up on." She then turned, walking into the house, leaving the rest to follow. Lily shook her head, "God give me strength." She muttered, following the others who seemed in awe when walking into the house.

--