Jerry Cantrell

WARNING! This contains some sad stuff...

"1998

Dear (Y/N),

It's been one year since you passed. Why did you have to leave on Valentine's Day? I thought that I took away all the alcohol in the house but, well, I guess I never thought to check your jewelry box. I apologize for that.

Layne's still taking your death pretty hard. He's been using more and he hates nearly all of us now. Your brother, Chris, is still fucking devastated. He almost killed a guy who called you an 'alcoholic whore' at the bar. He got arrested after Chris gave him a nasty cut on his face. After you died, I started drinking. How ironic is that? After the love of my life dies, I find myself attracted to the one thing that killed her. Damn.

I stopped listening to Heart after you passed. I couldn't listen to it without remembering when we first met. You were standing on the stage in that shitty bar, singing to 'Barracuda'. All because your friends wanted you to.

Speaking of which, Ruby recently had a kid. She named her after you. It's almost a bit scary. The kid has your eyes for some reason. It's almost like you two are sisters.

The day before you died, I was going to propose but, as you know, I got sick as a dog. I still remember you giving me one of your ponytail holder-things so I could tie my hair back. I still wear it around my wrist every day.

I ramble too much, don't I? I still don't see how you were able to put up with me for all those years. Hell, I guess the alcohol is really getting to me now. So are the drugs. I hope the guys don't mind that I stole some.

Well, I'm sorry for wasting your time and not being able to save you, (Y/N). I still miss you.

Love, Jerry," Layne read aloud, tears streaming down his face. Everyone in the waiting room, hoping for some sort of good news, was crushed when they heard the letter.

After the heart monitor cried one long beep, that's when everyone, Jerry's loved ones, the nurses, and the doctors, knew it. Jerry Cantrell, the beloved guitarist, singer, songwriter, son, best friend, brother, and former boyfriend, was dead.