chapter seven

So I was writing this chapter with ABBY for the first freaking time in forever and this beech says: 'Ok, I'm gonna go call my other friend.'

SO NOW IT'S JUST ME, WRITING THIS CHAPTER FOR YOU GUYS.

-------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna warn you, my family's kinda weird." Billie informed, walking alongside me as we made our way to the main office.

I barked out a laugh.

"Believe me, I understand."

Billie smiled at me, finding comfort in my understanding.

"Don't get me wrong, I love my family but that's one of the reasons I came here." She explained, eyes filled with determination.

"One of the reasons?" I asked.

The second those words exited my mouth, Billie seemed to stiffen. She looked at me with surprise etched on her face, sighing in defeat.

"You know. . ." She trailed off slowly, facepalming.

Knew what?

"Um, what?" I asked, confused.

"I know you know, now just tell me what you know so I know we know the same thing." Billie explained.

Whatever she had just said hadn't registered in my mind, me replaying it to myself before truly understanding her sentence.

"You said 'one of the reasons'? I honestly just wanted to know the others." I spoke slowly, as if she wouldn't comprehend my words if I spoke any faster.

Shock was evident on her features, seemingly surprised that I hadn't figured out what she 'knew'.

"Oh. . Uh forget I said anything, honestly." She replied, smiling once more.

My hand brushed against hers, sending an electric shock throughout my body.

Taking a big risk, I reached for her hand and intertwined ours together. I watched her intently, looking for any signs of discomfort but she just squeezed my hand reassuringly.

"You know. . . I haven't ever truly liked someone like I like you. . " Billie admitted, a soft blush across her cheeks.

My own face flared at her words.

"There was this guy - my first kiss actually. ." She laughed. "Henry Whitford."

The mention of another person's lips on Billie's angered me not gonna lie, but she was with me now so I tried to ignore the feeling.

"He said the kiss was not what he was expecting - at all." She pondered. "I agree with him to be honest."

That line gave me hope.

"But with you, it's different. It's like there is a wildfire within my chest and it's only ignited by you." She squeezed my hand even tighter, sending me a cute smile.

I stopped suddenly, causing Billie to yank back slightly and turn her gaze to mine.

"You good?" She asked, eyes trained on me and only me.

Before I could reply, I crashed my lips to hers, answering her question. Our lips molded together like two pieces to a puzzle, both of us melting into each other.

"Billie?" A voice asked incredulously.

Billie backed away from me as if she had been burned, wiping her mouth and shaking her head.

 That action hurt, I didn't know she wanted to hide our relationship from others.

"Finneas. . ." She trailed off awkwardly, embarrassed that he had caught her.

-------------

I AM SORRY THIS IS SO SHORTTT I WILL BE SURE TO UPDATE ASAP