Prologue

Year: 2012

Scared...

     The eleven-year old boy was stuck under the rubble, calling out for help, and hoping the fight would end soon.

He glanced across the street to see the body of his aunt, laying there, lifeless.

Flashback to this morning

"Peter!" The sweet voice of his aunt rang across the small apartment.

The kid quickly ran down the stairs to his aunt and hugged her.

He looked up at her with his chocolate-brown-eyes.

"Yes, aunt May?" He asked, in a cute voice.

"What do you think of going to your favourite ice cream store and getting some chocolate ice cream?" She asked, looking down at her over-enthusiastic nephew.

"Yeah! Let's go!" The boy said.

He and his aunt went down the stairs to go to their car.

She unlocked the car and they both got in. She started the car and drove to the little ice cream shop.

When they arrived, they walked up to the entrance and opened the door

"Hello! How can I help you today?" The  worker asked, happily.

"Can I get two chocolate ice cream, please." May said.

The worker got two cups and scooped some ice cream into it and gave them the the boy and his aunt.

"That's 12 dollars, ma'am." The worker said.

May handed him the money and walked out of the shop.

She glanced up at the sky and saw a giant hole in it. She stopped dead in her tracks. A few moments later, she saw weird creatures coming out of the hole.

She looked at her nephew, he looked scared. She needed to protect him at all costs. She promised she would protect him.

'If we go back home, it would take us 20 minutes, it's better if we take cover somewhere that nobody would be able to see us in.' She thought.

The voice of her nephew snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Look, aunt May! It's Ironman and the Avengers!" He said, pointing up.

She looked to where he was pointing to see the man in the gold and red suit flying across the sky, with the rest of the heroes following him.

She looked At him again, holding his shoulders.

"Peter, listen to me. We have to hide, these creatures are going to hurt us, do you understand me?" She said, sternly.

The boy looked frightened; he didn't know what was going on, he just knew that he needed to listen to his aunt. He nodded his head.

His aunt grapped his hand and dragged him to an alley way.

They both sat down hugging each other, the ice cream long forgotten.

A few minutes passed by until Peter spoke up.

"Aunt May, what is going on?" Peter asked, crying.

"I don't know, honey. I'm going to go check if everything is ok. You have to promise me to stay here and take cover. Ok?" She asked, standing up.